Where Does the Time Go?

January 20th, already?  Didn’t we just celebrated New Year’s last week?  Time flies when you are busy and/or having fun!

I didn’t get a basket picture.  I thought about taking a picture of my twine bucket and didn’t get that done either.  For the most part we pull all the twine off the hay bales we feed.  I take the twine and put it in my bucket then through it in the trash.  There are days that we are in a hurry or it’s really cold or the twine is frozen.  On those days we just cut the strings and let them lay and I pick them up on a nice day.  I have plenty of time while J is going after bales to scavenger around for twine and I usually fill my bucket.  I like to think that I am worth my weight in twine.

This old combine is parked in the fence line.  It has not been used for years and years.  I am willing to guess that back in the day this machine saw it’s fair share of small grains.

Jan 20

Our Township road doesn’t see many autos.  This road is mostly used by us and the neighbors; the mail comes three days a week.  We see an increase in traffic during the fall hunting season.

Jan 20

This skillet was recycled or repurposed into a craft project!

Jan 20

I don’t get much people watching done at home, but I get quite a bit of cattle watching.  I snapped these pictures while walking through the calves on a sunny afternoon.

Jan 20

My bucket runneth over with twine.  While my cup runneth over as I enjoy an afternoon stroll checking and photographing cattle.  We don’t recycle used twine, but do our best with soda cans.  J thinks I need to learn to park it as I am usually ready to head out for chores about the time he is getting up.  I guess people watching on Facebook is a good way to pass the time while I drink my morning coffee.  Although, he doesn’t complain that I have the tractors started and warmed up for chores.

26 Responses to Where Does the Time Go?

1. Stephanie says:

I think your road shot is beautiful and cattle watching could be a lot more fun than people watching.

2. so very nice of you to warm the tractor up for him instead of staying in a nice warm be!

3. Sarah Cass says:

Your picture of the combine is wonderful…and I love the shot of the empty road! Great series, basket or no 🙂

4. Karen says:

Absolutely love that Auto photo. The sky is beautiful, the curve in the road, the bare trees. I’d hang that on my wall 🙂

5. Jessica says:

I love your auto shot, it is so beautiful!!

6. Carol says:

Road photo is fantastic as well as your other photography ~ gives a wonderful view of the essence in your world ~

(A Creative Harbor) ^_^

7. sometimes cattle watching is more fun that people watching…!! Love that pic of your road, something so peaceful about it. Enjoy your week ahead!!

8. Patti G says:

Okay – so the cows are doing the people watching…..works for me!
    Nice set of photos this week.

9. I enjoy your ranch perspective… it reminds me that others live differently than I do… and I LOVE that! The picture of the road is gorgeous! I can’t imagine getting mail only three days a week. Do you have a good internet connection? one that allows you to access news, magazines etc if you begin to feel cabin crazy? Hey, did you think the BASKET on the top combine would be an option?

Christine,

Yes, mail comes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Unless a Holiday falls on one of those days or the roads are bad and the mail lady can’t make it.

We are very lucky with internet. Our small town is home to the local Electric and Telephone Companies. These local entities got funding to put in fiber-optic internet access to the home. We are the first to get this technology in remote rural areas. We have had fiber optic for several years and feel quite blessed to have awesome access.

I almost used the Combine for parked and auto. Great idea for doubling it up with basket!

10. Jackie says:

It looks like you really o live way out and I bet it is very peaceful. I did some animal watching this week also. And oh my goodness my husband would absolutely fall in love with that old combine. He grew up in a farming family…great take on park!

Happy hunting next week! 🙂

Oh just like a good farm wife warming up the tractor I wish someone would warm it up for me in the mornings.
    You must use plastic twine we use sisal.
    Love the shots of your road and cows. It sounds like the perfect place to farm not much traffic. We are getting more and more every year. Take care enjoy Facebook and your coffee. Hug B

Miss B, We do use sisal biodegradable twine. It just takes a while for it to disappear.

We have a really good friend that J grew up with and we went to college with. He works for a major Animal Nutrition company and is stationed in Europe right now. He has lived all over the United States and honestly thinks our area is “the last frontier.” At Christmas time he took lots of pictures of the landscape to share with his European co-workers. They are amazed that we can see for miles and miles and see nothing but countryside. No people, homesteads or trees.

12. LOVE that road photo… it is such a lovely wintry scene! Mail, just three days a week, that’s a bit unusual isn’t it?? I’m so glad you came by to share on Weekly Top Shot #66!

Yup, we get mail Monday, Wednesday and Friday pending no Holidays and good roads to travel.

Weekly Top Shots is one of my favorite Blog Hops, Miss Madge. Keep up the good work!

13. LindaG says:

Who needs a basket photo when you have all these other photos?
    Thanks for sharing them with us. :o)

14. Teresa says:

I am horrible with twine. I need to spend an entire day cleaning it out of the barn. Really…

I absolutely love the shot of your road, especially the soft quality in contrast to the starkness of where you live.

15. Tanya says:

pretty shots! i know what you mean, time is flying by…i dislike!

16. Karen says:

Ohhh, I love the photo of your road – the colors and composition are beautiful! I think I’d like to take a nice long walk down it to see where it goes.

17. Peter B says:

Love the photos of the old combine… very cool!!

18. Pat says:

I love that road shot!

19. Linda Makiej says:

Beautiful texture work in the second photo!

20. Prairie Jill says:

Beautiful images, but my favourite is definitely the second one. Such a lovely view, and the texture is perfect.

Yep, where does the time go! Here it is the 23rd and I’m just getting caught up reading blogs again! 😉
    It sounds like you guys really ARE the last frontier with 3 day a week mail delivery! Love the shot of your road and the skillet is just too cute! I’m always picking up the hay twine around here too.