What Do You See?

It’s Sunday and time to share my Scavenger Hunt finds, my Sunday Best picture and a Top Shot for the week!  I really enjoyed this week’s Scavenger Hunt prompts.

The bark on this tree presents a natural pattern behind the little bird house.  The bird house itself has a decorative pattern on it.

This machine is an old drill.  It has been retired from farm work and sits at the end of a neighbor’s driveway.  It has been repurposed into a planter for summer flowers.

Here are a few signs I saw in our community.  One of our neighbor’s is a Husker fan!

Deer hunting season is just around the corner.

Rocks or Stones, we have so many.  I didn’t make a special effort to go out and photograph any.  When I was out and about I was gathering cattle and expected to work.  Funny how work trumps taking pictures.  Here is one last picture from my South Dakota Woman in Ag trip.  It’s even a two for, a sign made of stone!

I have been looking and looking for something that sparkles.  With our overcast weather conditions I had trouble.  Friday night I saw this moon and tried to capture its beauty.

Sometimes we get stuck in the everyday pattern of our lives.  We look for a sign.  A sign to help us realize that things are OK.  The stones on life’s path are stones, not huge rocks or boulders.  We don’t need to call for a special machine to move them.  Just take a deep breath, step back and see that we are facing are stones and stones are manageable.  With faith and the help of our support group we shall sparkle again.

18 Responses to What Do You See?

1. Barb says:

Love the way you not only find items to photograph but also link the words into something special. Great post!

2. Cheryl says:

The No Hunting sign is such a rural classic! I love your moon shots ~ those clouds sparkle nicely.

Thanks for sharing with YSB.

Your charming cohost,
    Cheryl 😉

3. Carletta says:

Love your shots of the moon!
    Yep, deer season is here (bow is in) with gun season fast approaching. I keep telling my yard deer to stay in the woods and hide. 🙂 Great use of the old tire.
    That ornate little birdhouse is too cute!!

Oh I truly love your last paragraph it made me smile and hope. I love that. Hugs B

5. Nancy says:

Was neat to see the Huskers Street sign, although it’s more Husker pink than red. 🙂

Nancy, that was my edit. I started using befunky.com last weekend and am having a blast. I thought the light colored fence and sign looked good. All in the eye of the beholder.

6. Kathy says:

Totally lovin’ your “No Hunting” sign. Such a classic!

7. Judy says:

Great photos…I’ve seen those no trespassing signs made from tires, cleaver way to get rid of old tires.

Great pictures Robyn! The moon collage is especially nice! 🙂

9. This is awesome, Robyn! It’s obvious how much thought and work you put into your posts – I love the moon photos 🙂

10. Super series of shots using this week’s prompts! The moon photos are awesome!

11. Hmmm, yes work does trump photography for me too! Love the repurposed tire… Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #54!

12. Linda R says:

Your moon photos look great. I enjoyed seeing what you found on your hunt…

13. Jennyd says:

visiting late… great set!! love the retired machine – repurposed! 😉 moon shots are fun too!