1. It’s hard to believe it’s almost June. Wow, what a May. It was busy with cattle branding and moving pairs to grass. The month rounded out with much needed rain and severe weather. It kind of felt like a roller coaster!
2. Last Saturday morning, after my cup of coffee, I headed out to the tree patch. I took pictures of lilac and thicket blooms. The plum thicket blooms were past their most beautiful days, but I thought they still had a sense of gracefulness. It’s a good thing I did as the blooms were destroyed by hail that night.
3. Yesterday I tackled yard clean up. After two ice storms last winter, one would think that the trees wouldn’t have too many sticks and twigs to drop. Not so much. I was glad when the Rancher showed up to help me. I raked the yard while he picked up my piles of debris and hauled it away. We filled over two tractor loader buckets.
4. I am reading The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough. I remember seeing the movie while I was growing up and again about 8 years ago. I am remembering bits and pieces of the story line as I read. It’s the details that keep me turning pages.
5. This weekend J’s family is hosting an open house to celebrate his Grandma’s 90th birthday. We are looking forward celebrating the life and good health of a special lady. In addition, we could both use a day off the ranch.