We Are Made to Dream

May 3

Life is a difficult assignment. We are fragile creatures, expected to function at high rates of speed, and asked to accomplish great and small things each day. These daily activities take enormous amounts of energy. Most things are out of our control. We are surrounded by danger, frustration, grief, and insanity as well as love, hope, ecstasy, and wonder. Being fully human is an exercise in humility, suffering, grace, and great humor. Things and people all around us die, get broken, or are lost. There is no safety or guarantees. The way to accomplish the assignment of truly living is to engage fully, richly, and deeply in the living of your dreams. We are made to dream and to live those dreams.

~Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

I saw this quote at Wisdom Bits on the The Assignment of Truly Living blog post

May 3

You can’t have a million dollar dream with a minimum wage work ethic.”

Darcy, who blogs at Success is reason Enough, saw this quote and shared it earlier this week.

Linking up at Weekly Top Shot #133 with Madge at The View From Right Here

13 Responses to We Are Made to Dream

1. Cheri says:

Oh that is a beautiful quote.
    Your country is very similar to ours.
    Cheri

2. Janet says:

Sweet. Even the thinker 🙂

3. Terryn says:

Love, love, love this post!

4. buttons says:

Oh this is surely true I love this post and that top photo fantastic. Big B

5. Loretta Beavis says:

Robyn, you find the most profound thoughts of human beings…I kept saying “all my dreams have died.” I know that is true, but your post has enlightened me that now, new dreams will be born because we are “made to dream.” Gives me something to live for…
    Thank you.
    L.

Loretta,
      I’m glad that my quote finds and pictures have helped lighten your outlook. We are never too old to have new dreams. I’m frequently inspired by women who start new hobbies or try new activities. There are a lot of gals in their 60’s or older that are amazing photographers. I think about all they have had to learn to run a computer and digital camera, start a blog and more.

Arthur O’Shaughnessy starts his Ode poem with “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

6. Linda W says:

I really like both the quotes you’ve shared. Something to remember for sure!

7. Sandra says:

Love the quotes 🙂

8. Roan says:

I’ve always believed life is nothing without dreams. A person of any age can dream. I’m still dreaming of making the New York Times best seller list and winning the lottery. One never knows. Beautiful quote and absolutely gorgeous scene.

9. Jen says:

I am a quote searcher and have never heard this one before now. Thank you so much for sharing, it really is a great one! btw I super love the first picture, what a wonderful mood you captured there, fantastic Robyn!

10. Linda R says:

That is such a wonderful quote. What a great post my friend.

Hugs~

11. This is great. I should print it out for hubby. At age 53 he is starting to study computer programming. Something he thought about in college, now he’s crazy about it.