To Dream, To Hope, To Be Ambitious About

According to Microsoft Word, one definition of dream is: something that somebody hopes, longs for, or is ambitious about, usually something difficult to attain or far removed from present circumstances.

May 2

I hope that we get adequate rain to nourish our grasslands, fields and crops.  We got a shower of .40″ of rain Monday night and the grass is starting to green up.  The early planted oats are poking through the ground.

I long for the warmth and beauty of spring.  I am ready for pretty blooms and blossoms, short sleeves and cattle grazing green pastures.

May 2

I am ambitious about raising cattle and being a Ranch Wife.  I am lucky enough to share one of my passions with my Husband.  We work together raising livestock, nurturing the land and continuing our Agriculture heritage.  We work to remain sustainable in the cattle business and thrive in an ever changing world.

May 2

I enjoy spending time in the kitchen and outdoors.  I love blogging and using my camera to capture the beauty around me.  I am an avid reader.

In the back of my mind I have a couple of ideas I want to do or try.  I need to move forward with these dreamy things and see where they can take me.

Linking Up With:

Random 5 Friday with Nancy at  A Rural Journal

Nurture Spring Photo Challenge with Alicia, at Project Alicia, Kristi, at Live and Love Out Loud, and Rebecca, at Bumbles and Light.

21 Responses to To Dream, To Hope, To Be Ambitious About

Love these different perspective shots of your calves! Have a wonderful day, Robyn!

2. Janet says:

Enjoyed your thought provoking article.
    We got .15 rain.
    MN just got dumped on. Our son is way under the snow and has lots of personal trees downed. sigh.

Oh Robyn a great post I love your thinking and photos. B

4. Sandra says:

Lovely photos, as usual 🙂
    Hoping you get that warmer weather 🙂 We finally are!

We all need to pursue our dreams, I can’t wait to see where yours will lead you! 🙂

6. Snap says:

Beautiful post. My grandmother raised Angus … still have a soft spot for them in my heart and I really admire those of you who love the earth, agriculture, cattle and follow their dreams of the Good Earth! Happy Friday!

7. Maggid says:

Good Morning! I like your post. I hope you follow your ideas and dreamy things . . . then i hope you share with us – I wonder where your heart will take you (all of us) –
    Happy Day! May Nurturing rain find your house soon.
    -g-

8. Beth says:

i always enjoy stopping by your blog. ( :
    you make me smile & i wish you a great weekend. i love how you enjoy all your many jobs on your farm. so important. finding peace, joy & fulfillment in all things. love it!

9. lynn says:

lovely shots, they are so cute…I envy you ladies with ranch/farm lives..I know it is a lot of hard work, but the rewards are the tops. I had an Aunt and Uncle with a cattle and sheep ranch in the Interior of B.C. Canada, I spent a great deal of my childhood there..there were lots of ranches, smaller farms etc..I thought the bright lights of the big city were more appealing, silly me.

10. Hope you get more rain if you need it! 🙂 Happy Friday ! 🙂

11. Karen says:

I love your different perspectives on the word “Dream”. It’s wonderful that you are able to live some of them in your ranch life!

12. I think I really like your life!

13. Love these! I’m hoping for nothing but bountiful land and nourishment for your livestock! I love seeing your world through your photos. 🙂

Thanks for joining us in the Nurture Photography Challenge! I can’t wait to see what you come up with for our next theme: Pink/Home. Have a great weekend!

14. Teresa says:

I do hope you get some of that good weather you need. It does seem like Mother Nature is seeking revenge this spring.

15. Tina Barbour says:

I like how you see your dreams, and I look forward to hearing more!
    I enjoyed your photos. I grew up on a beef farm–my father raised Black Angus. He was such a good farmer. I think he knew every cow on the place.

16. Patti G says:

I always feel like I just took a walk around your pasture when I read your posts.
    Love that!

17. Shannon says:

I love your up close photos of the cows.

18. Hello Robyn, this is the second time I’ve popped in thru Nancy’s Friday challenge. In your photos your little calves are very sweet looking. I hope you get enough rain so you have masses and masses of lovely flowers and sweet grass.

19. I loved reading this, Robyn!
    I always have a couple of those ideas in the back of my mind.. and look forward to moving forward with them too. Currently I’ve got a some specific dreaming going on. A favorite quote that I’ve had on my mind this week is “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.”
    Thanks for the inspiration!