1. J and I went to theon Monday. We took in the Angus Sale, the trade show and J watched the stock dog trials.
2. I took lots of cattle pictures. Most of which did not turn out. Either I was off or my camera was malfunctioning. I am betting on the first option.
3. It’s nice to get away for the day, but it’s not easy. Sunday evening we locked up the calves and put out their feed. That way all J had to do was turn them out to eat in the morning. J fed cows super early; while I tended to the chickens and cats. I also rounded up coolers and stuff that needed to go to the Hills. No way we were getting close to Sam’s Club and not stopping.
4. We got home late. Then we get to put away all the fun stuff we bought, like food and enormous packages of TP and paper towels.
5. Tuesday we found out when I am excessively tired and hungry my patience is zero or less. I really tried not to be grumpy, but impatience won. At least until I got a grilled hamburger in me.
6. I am now the owner of an Amazon Kindle Fire!
7. Learning new techy stuff does not mix well with being overly tired and hungry.
8. Wednesday morning we learned, for the second time this week, that the calves can open the gate. Monday morning was no big deal a few calves got out. Well, they must have told their friends about how fun it was. Yesterday morning a lot of calves got out and had fun running around the yard and destroying things. The gate now has a chain and lock on it!
9. J and a friend went back to the Stock Show yesterday to watch the Bronc Riding competition. I will have to wait to hear about it; he got home kind of early this morning.
What kind of farm animal disasters have you had on a day you planned to be gone? Do you have a Kindle or Kindle Fire? Any tips?