The Silver Linings of Joy

No snow storms in South Dakota, but we sure got a cool down.  It’s been a busy week and it doesn’t look like things will slow down for a few days.

I hope everyone is enjoying this Holiday Season and has a Merry Christmas blessed with all that makes you happy.

Here is what I found for this week’s Scavenger Hunt Sunday:

photography brings me joy!  I enjoy looking for the art in everyday things, editing pictures and sharing them.

Dec 23

Cattle bring me joy too!  I have loved working with livestock since I was a little little girl. I feel lucky to be home working with my husband on the ranch.

Dec 23

These clothes pin are tangled together.

Dec 23

Guilty Pleasure

Dec 23

Roxie, our little Angel!

Dec 23Molly, our partial little Angel!

Dec 23

Fritz, our non-Angel!  She has a silver look to her coat and makes The Rancher’s hair turn silver as well.

Dec 23

This time of year helps us to remember the joyful message the angles shared about the birth of Jesus.  May we keep the true meaning of Christmas in our hearts.  There will be plenty of lights and ornaments to untangle, silver decorations to look at and a few guilty pleasures to enjoy.  All reasons to celebrate with family, friends and neighbors!

Linking Up With:

Scavenger Hunt Sunday at Ramblings and Photos

Weekly Top Shot #62 at The View From Right Here

13 Responses to The Silver Linings of Joy

1. Lisa S says:

Beautiful photos! Ranch life looks pretty interesting 😉

A Very Merry Christmas to everyone at The Ranch!! 🙂

3. Linda Makiej says:

Super shots for scavenger hunt Sunday! Have a wonderful holiday!!

4. oh that first photo is wonderful… very much a heart shape:-)

5. Nicki says:

Your first shot is beautiful as are your dogs. Merry Christmas!

6. I love that tree in the snow, so lovely. Makes the warmth of home even more cozy… HE is the reason for the season! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #62!

7. Karen says:

Love these photos! Your dogs look like loveable rascals and I like the ‘Paint by number’ look to the photos. Merry Christmas!

I never thought of it as a “paint by number” look. I can see where you are coming from, Karen. It’s the watercolor edit at BeFunky and a fun edit on the right picture.

Yes, the dogs are loveable, each in their own way!

Merry Christmas, Robyn! I, too, think photography helps me to look at ordinary things in an extraordinary way. Thanks for giving us a glimpse of life on your ranch.

9. Teresa says:

These are all wonderful! I love visiting here and seeing your beautiful photography of such a wonderful way of life. Hope you have a great 2013!