The Magnificence Around Me

Last week I mentioned that Miss J and KJ and I almost made it to the starting point to climb Harney Peak.  It was right at our fingertips, but not ment to be.

I took pictures anyway.  The sky was a brilliant blue and the trees dusted with new snow fall.  Sights like this remind me to step back and look at the bigger picture.  It deepens my faithfulness.

KJ found these icicles.  They are evidence of water drops flowing down the rocks.

The Armed Forces of the United States of America defended our country then and continue to fight for our freedoms now.  The Presidents of Mount Rushmore served our Country then and now we honor the work they did.

On a fall Nature Walk one might see deer or a pheasant.

Fingerprints are unique to every person and no two snowflakes are alike.  Water drops reflect beautiful colors with help from the sun.  These types of observations add to my belief in a good and loving God.  Walking and taking in nature was something I used to take for granted; now I try to live in the peaceful moment and receive the magnificence created around me.

21 Responses to The Magnificence Around Me

1. Bravo… I too try to stop nibbling at the table of the world to feast at the table of God. It does take us stepping back long enough to see and hear. Love your series of shots… the pheasant is beautiful! Thank you so much Robyn, for sharing on ‘Weekly Top Shot #52,’ my meme’s first anniversary!

I love these! I’m not sure I’m ready for snow, but it’s fun to see “at a distance,” I guess. I agree: The pheasant photo is wonderful! Have a great week!

Kim, I don’t think the snow lasted that long. They are calling for a nice week here; 60’s maybe a 70* day. Wind is in the forecast.

We are not ready for snow, but need the moisture. If is melts right away we will not complain.

3. debra says:

Wonderful pictures! 🙂

4. Kaili says:

Beautiful photos – I love the deer! They are my favorite animals.

The deer were so unaffected by our presence. It was fun to watch them.

Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment, Kaili.

5. Heather says:

I love that last shot of the pheasant!

6. Beth says:

Beautiful photos. My favorite is the river scene with snow as icing atop the trees and around the edges.
    I do not hike as such, but I do take short jaunts with my camera and I have found a peace in those times that surpasses anything else.
    I have always found God and peace in near-by Seneca Lake and awesome Lake Erie, but not so much in simple countryside. Then I moved to a city for 7 years and realized how blessed I’d been living in the country. I do not take it for granted any more.
    Lovely post.

7. Nancy says:

You know, I did make it to the summit of Harney Peak some years ago. Loved every minute of it and actually got rained on for a few minutes. xo

8. Tanya says:

wow it’s crazy that there has already been snow! great photos!

October snow is not uncommon for South Dakota. We have had a few flurries on the plains, but nothing has stuck yet. We have also had some nights in the upper 20’s.

Oh Robyn these are breathtaking I would love to have seen this beauty up close and personal but you have brought it to me. Thank you. I am so happy right now your last line blew me away and I totally agree Hugs B

10. Verna Lantz says:

Great job! These are very good captures.

11. Teresa says:

This is a great series for the prompts. I love the collage.

Great Scavenger Hunt photos! The deer “lounging” in the field is a fun picture! 🙂

13. Andrea says:

Wonderful photos! We have a lot of deer around also.

14. emily says:

I love the deer shot! I could’t imagine being so close to them and them not being afraid! Maybe next time you head there you will climb the peak!