Soapweed, Cattle, Flowers and Glitter

The weather is good for haying, but we could really use some moisture.  The Rancher and his folks continue to put up hay.  The yields are down from last year as we have not received adequate rain this spring.  The oats will be ready to hay early next week.

I photographed these soapweed yucca plants when we were in Nebraska.

I see the neighbors yearlings when I go to Church or when they get out and visit us.

In addition to the dry, we are starting to see grasshoppers.  Someone called them leaf-hoppers and they are just little guys.  They have not done extensive damage, but there are a lot of them.

I like jars and have a few sitting in my basement.  One of my friends found Mason Jar Decor Ideas on Pinterest.  Glittered Jars quickly caught my eye.  Glitter is fun, it sparkles and I had some on hand.  After looking at the directions, I  knew I could do this project!  Non-food Pinterest project #2 fulfilled for one of my 51 in 501 goals.

Kind of pretty, don’t ya think?  Even the Hubby thought they were neat.

Make sure to visit the new Blog Faces of Agriculture hosted by Jamie from This Unchartered Rhoade and Elizabeth at Circle the Wagons; you might recognize this week’s feature.

20 Responses to Soapweed, Cattle, Flowers and Glitter

Hope you get some rain. It’s overcast here today, but I don’t think we are necessarily supposed to get rain. The wind has blown like crazy for the past couple of days, so the moisture we got earlier is quickly leaving. The guys are working on getting the 2nd cutting of alfalfa put up. I liked your flower photos and your jars are sure cute.

Kim, the wind is always a bear to deal with. It can be so miserable! Mom said they got 2nd cutting put up. The jars are fun and simple! I think they would make cute gifts.

2. Lisa Sall says:

Storms kept me up last night! Amazing lightning, I just knew it was gonna strike something on our property!! We got an acceptable .60!
    Reports south and north of us were from 3.5 to 6 inches. We could hardly believe the variations. Do you know any rain dances you could try:) Today we were thankful for a drink on the garden and cool temps finally!!

It’s funny the rain fall can vary so much in one area. Glad you got a nice rain. Did you try to take lightning pictures?

• Lisa Sall says:

Robyn, I have not tried any lightning shots, but I did try to get some lightning BUG shots. The humidity here has made for a banner crop of lightning bugs, It’s INCREDIBLE! I’m not a skilled enough photographer, I could only see one little light in a see of blackness. Guess I need some lessons for that! Thank you son much for linking up this week for Farm Fresh Friday. You are very creative!!

3. DonnaJ says:

Those jars are gorgeous! I’ve just gotten onto Pinterest in the last month and I am loving it! Such great ideas!

Hi Robyn I hope you get the rain. We have had a couple of very hard rains but it is not enough. The hay is laying on the ground so I hope it doesn’t rain for a few days again. Love the glitter jars. Take care. B

5. Tanya says:

the jars turned out really pretty!

6. Janis says:

Nice photos…pretty flowers. Love the glitter mason jars…going to pinterest now..thanks for sharing

7. Love those glitter jars! Thanks for sharing your life with us on “Faces of Agriculture” it was a great feature!

I just love all your collages! 🙂
    Neat blog, Faces Of Agriculture! I enjoyed reading your feature!

9. Those jars are going to be perfect for the 4th — I can imagine a tea candle in each of them. Love!

Thank you for sharing at Rural Thursdays this week, Robyn. xoxo

Nancy
      My living room decor is Americana. I enjoy adding more stars and stripes this time of year. Great minds think alike as I was thinking about the 4th of July when I made these jars.

10. Holly says:

You did a great job capturing country in the summer. It makes me a little homesick.

11. alicia says:

Love those yucca plants! You’ve captured them beautifully! Thanks so much for joining our summer party! Hope you get some rain soon!

The lighting was good the day I took the yucca plant pictures. They were growing on the side of a hill and I took advantage of the angle.

12. Jessy says:

I need to try making some of those glitter jars! I save any kind of empty, old canister/glass container and am in need of a craft to test out on them. Thank you for sharing 🙂

Jessy
      I think these jars would work great for gifts. I’m not sure if it would be safe to put stuff inside them though. Old candle jars would work good too. Thanks for stopping in and leaving comments!