Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Time for Scavenger Hunt Sunday!

I was at a loss for the Asian prompt, so here is a picture of Fritz.  I did make Chicken for dinner last week and used White Meat Marinade.  It’s made with Asian Chili Sauce.

March 24

Cattle, like humans, have different types of hair.  Some have curly hair, others course. Some have fluffy and soft coats.  This bull has wavy hair.

March 24

I took an afternoon walk through the pairs last week and found this little guy soaking up some sun.  I edited this picture with the watercolor option BeFunky offers.  I thought it would work for the draw prompt as it is more artistic looking than photographic.  I enhanced the picture with Kim Klassen’s Return and 1402 textures.

March 24

Chicken feathers look so soft.  The ole gals keep laying lots of eggs for me.

March 24I like the variety of natural textures in this photo.  Wood posts, tree branches, grass, barbed wire, steel posts and the calves make for a variety of textures.  These little guys found a good place to get out of the wind.

March 24

I like to cook with a little Asian flavor.  It’s good to make a few waves in life as well as in the kitchen.  I am not much of a drawer.  I had fun in my High School art class.  I got a good grade due to my effort, not my ability to draw.  I enjoy adding textures to my pictures.  Finding the right texture can make a big difference to a photo’s appearance.  I also like to look for natural texture differences to photograph.

I hope you enjoy this Palm Sunday and have a wonderful week.

14 Responses to Scavenger Hunt Sunday

1. Scudds says:

Terrific photography and look at those chickens feathers are indeed looks very soft:)

P.S I am new to your blog and I have enjoyed my visit.

Hugs,
    Scudds x

2. Yogi says:

Great variety of shots with a common theme. My favorite is the textures shot.

3. And I thought mine was a stretch, but yours with your “Asian Chili Sauce” pic made me giggle. Guess there is not much Asian on a ranch…hee hee!! Great pics this week…where or where is Spring!!

4. Tamar says:

The drawing of the cow is gorgeous!

5. Nicki says:

You have to win the prize for thinking outside the box with Fritz for Asian – I got a chuckle and applaud your stick-to-it approach. I really do like your artistic take on the ‘draw’ shot and cows (or at least some of them) do have wavy hair).

6. Roxi says:

such wonderful processing on your photos. I’ll bet you are ready for the snow to be gone up there.

Roxi,
      We have had very little snow this winter. We keep hoping to get smacked with heavy wet snow as we desperately need the moisture.

7. Patrice says:

Great shots – love your take on Draw!

8. Kimberly says:

Love your set! That wavy-haired bull is my favorite! Love the soft chickens too!

9. Very enjoyable set. Life on the farm is so different from city life (that’s me – a city gal) but your shots are great. Loved the Wavy bull hair (I do enjoy watch Bull Riding) – Your texture shot is my favorite along with Fritz, he’s quite a handsome dog.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

10. Teresa says:

What beautiful captures! Love the curly bull. The calf edit is perfect!

11. Carletta says:

I like how all of these are an insight into your surroundings. 🙂
    My favorite is the chickens in the lovely sunlight!
    As always I love how you tied everything together in your closing words.

12. Nancy says:

Loving the painterly effect on the calf, Robyn — but these are all wonderful views into your rural life. xo

13. emily says:

I love your watercolor effect! I don’t use befunky nearly as much as I use to! Have a great day!