Roses, Cattle and Asters

My Mom has one rose plant.  You know me, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take pictures of pretty pink flowers.

October 1

J has been helping the neighbor chop corn; the same neighbor that chopped our corn. I have been holding down the fort and doing skirt work.  We have a full week ahead of us and I like the idea of starting the week with a fresh clean house.

October 1

I enjoy photographing the purple asters J’s Mom has in her yard.  Much more fun than going to the Dentist; which is were I am headed today.

October 1

Last weekend we moved the pairs at home over to a corn field.  I have been keeping an eye on them to make sure they stay in the filed and out of the hay corral. I would think the cattle would enjoy the good pickings in the corn field, but who knows what a cow really thinks?

The replacement heifers are still enjoying green grass.  Sometimes they enjoy the neighbor’s green grass and J and I get to got for a 4-wheeler ride.

October 1

J got home from chopping corn early yesterday and we got a few more loads of hay moved.  The Rancher tried to bale millet, but we had a wind front hit and he had to quit.

How do you like to start your week?

18 Responses to Roses, Cattle and Asters

1. Teresa says:

I would much prefer to photograph pretty flowers than go to the dentist too. Love the softness of you cow pictures today.

2. So peaceful to watch cattle grazing

3. Beth P says:

Hi Robyn, I just popped over from Nancy’s “A Rural Journal” looking for some new blogging friends and well, just to say Hi! I look forward to following your posts about life on a cattle farm… I’m a NYC girl making a new life in rural New England on an old farm… in fact our home is the old barn converted for human habitation 😀 Hope you will get a chance to pop over for a visit sometime… until then – enjoy the rest of your week my new blogging sister.
    Hugs,
    Beth P

4. Darcy says:

I hope your dentist appt goes well – that’s one of those things that it’s not fun to go to them, but if you don’t it comes back to haunt you as you get older. 🙂 Hopefully the weather will straighten out and you’ll get to get your crops in!

Darcy and Deanna,

I needed a regular dental cleaning, but have a tooth that feels funny. Sure enough, I cracked or broke a hunk of filling out of a bottom molar. Yuck! Going back in 2 weeks to get the tooth fixed. At least I didn’t crack my crown.

5. Dentist?? Not on my list of favorite places to be. Much rather been in those fields with you…great captures of the country!!

6. cheri says:

That cow laying under the tree looks so content..Love it! I planted an aster this year and its HUGE! Hot pink flowers..
    Cameron has a dentist apt today too. A root canal. UGH! Men & pain don’t go well together. lol!

7. Pat says:

Beautiful shots.

8. Karen says:

Hahahaha – you cracked me up with the – what does a cow really think? The flower photos are beautiful!

9. Bonnie says:

Always busy at the ranch. I love the photos. Glad you got the corn chopped.

10. Sharon says:

The asters are lovely! And your rose shots are beautiful!

11. Nancy says:

It was so windy last week, but that seems to have subsided for now. Love the phrase “skirt work.” xo

12. Pretty roses and asters! The asters are such a lovely color. Hope all went well at the dentist!

13. Carletta says:

That rose is stunning!
    I love asters. They are growing wild everywhere here right now and it’s hard not to take photos since I already have a bunch.
    Idyllic scenes of the cows. I really like the one in the shade.
    Hope your dentist trip went well. I cringe at the thought of dental work.

14. wonderful photography of all the gifts around you ~ beautiful post ~ carol ^_^

15. Always enjoy my visit to see what your ranch work is….hope all is well from the DDS♫ My Rurality: http://lauriekazmierczak.com/roadside-milkweed-all-afuzz/

I can relate to the dental issues. It’s always something. It sounds like it’s busy in your neck of the woods, too. So … deep breaths and look at those beautiful asters!