Rolling With The Punches

Life has not slowed down for J and I.  Saturday we had an outside project and a house project.  In the evening we went to eat Oyster Stew and Chili at a neighbor’s.  This afternoon we are headed over to help Cousin T with cattle work.  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are busy too!  I hope I can keep it all straight.

Without further ado, here is what I found for Scavenger Hunt Sunday:

After J and I eat breakfast, we head out to do chores.  One of us starts by feeding the cats and chickens.  The cats get milk and dog food everyday.  We think warm milk gives them the energy they need to be good mousers.  It must be working because we have very few mice around the barnyard.

Jan 6

Roxie is a cross-bred dog.  As you can see she is also multi-colored.

Jan 6

Little Sister, Fritz, is multi-colored too.  She also adds color to our life with her personality.

Jan 6

Starts with the letter C: Clouds and Cattle.  The clouds caught my eye during chores the other day.

Jan 6

Here is a picture from late November.  Our South Dakota prairie encompasses rolling hills, rough hills and buttes.

Jan 6

Young cows are important to the future of our business.  These girls are First Calf Heifers and cows coming with their second calves.  They are young, they represent the newest genetics and they have to prove themselves to be good mothers.

Jan 6

I am working on not letting myself get overwhelmed with our busy schedule.  I am not the best at rolling with the punches, but I am willing to try.  I need to remember to keep cool, calm and collected and eat a good breakfast.  Life has many layers and it is important to socialize with neighbors, help family with cattle work, keep appointments and be thankful for the foundation we are building for the future.

12 Responses to Rolling With The Punches

You are doing great. Don’t worry. Hug B

Tamar, I like your future thoughts about traveling on New Year’s Eve. Your 26 Month post was good also. Looks like you have a fun little guy on your hands.

2. your FUTURE shots are very cool! I can’t imagine all the hard, physical work you do to manage your ranch! It must be rewarding to connect with animals though. And your dog, COLORFUL, and eyes reveal a gentle soul. Thanks for sharing.

I love your kitty in the first picture, what a face! 🙂
    Hang in there, you’ll get into a routine before long, even if it’s not HAVING a routine!!

4. Auntie says:

Don’t always comment but sure do enjoy reading about what you are doing. One thing for sure was that I never had two days in a row be the same. I guess that was a good thing. I never did get up and wonder if I would have anything to do that day. Keep writing.
    Love you and J, Auntie

5. Teresa says:

Beautiful pictures. I love how fuzzy your cat is. The future of your herd is looking pretty darn good!

6. I love the freckles on your dog’s legs!!! 🙂

7. LindaG says:

*hugs* and God bless you all. ♥

8. Love those wintry views, the frost and the color in the sky is so pretty… Roxie looks so sweet, and your farm cat looks puffed up in the cold… Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #64!

9. Nicki says:

You have some beautiful animals. That sky shot is delightful!

10. Pat says:

Love seeing the sights on your ranch. May you have a hppy and successful New Year!