It has been busy at our house!
1. Tuesday, I went to the beauty shop for a hair cut. I got my hair layered and love it. It’s always refreshing to see the hair dresser.
2. Wednesday I judged a small livestock show. I was on a livestock judging team all through my 4-H career and judged for South Dakota State University. The last show I judged was a County Fair 8 years ago. It didn’t take long to get my grove back evaluating beef, sheep and showmanship.
3. I do believe my Little Dog has a very mild case of allergies. My previous Boston (I had a male, Jake, before Molly) got allergies after he turned 4 years old. I had no idea dogs could develop allergies. Jake got very sick within a few days of J and I wondering if something was going on. Needless to say, I know the preliminary symptoms of Boston Terrier allergies. I have Molly on an allergy med and will not be letting her browse through weeds. The pollen falling off weeds this time of year is the primary component to allergy issues. A low dose of antihistamine seems to be working good.
4. I started reading Gone With The Wind. I am captivated by Scarlett and her drama.
5. Last weekend I made The Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Spaghetti. We both liked it! I also made the Buttermilk Biscuits from PW’s first cookbook. I am slowly cooking my way through her cookbooks. I have really good luck with her recipes and The Rancher seems to approve of her Cowboy type food.
A side note: These are the last flower pictures from my June trip to Iowa. I did not grow these beauties. I only had the joy of photographing and sharing them with you.