Poetic Beauty of Winter ~ Warmth

This week’s theme for the Poetic Winter Photography Challenge is Warmth.

Warmth is defined as the sensation, or state of being warm in temperature.  The affection, friendliness or kindness we show one another.  Warmth can be the effect gained from using colors such as red and yellow.

Nothing warms my heart like my Little Dog.  Molly makes me smile and she makes me laugh, most of the time anyway.  Pretty Girl is my buddy, my companion who follows me wherever I go.  She is constantly underfoot or waiting for me.

Molly loves the sunbeam,  it’s her nap spot.  The sunbeam moves and she finds a new spot.

Little Dog loves the corn/pellet stove.  When Pretty Girl can’t find a sunbeam she lays in front of the stove.  She soaks up the heat until she pants, then comes to sit next to me.

I believe in angels.  The thought of loved ones caring for us from above gives me comfort.  Little Angels or Big I find peace being in their watch.

Fuzzy pink socks are warm on my feet!  Like Molly I like to soak up the warm heat from the stove.

I love cappuccino.  The chocolaty combination of coffee and hot cocoa makes my taste buds smile.

What makes you feel Warm?

10 Responses to Poetic Beauty of Winter ~ Warmth

1. Satakieli says:

I adore the second photo, she looks so nice and cozy!

Thanks for taking part in the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge!

2. Tezzie says:

Those are all wonderful “warmths” ! I especially love that close-up shot of your dog…adorable <3

Great post, made me feel all *warm* and fuzzy! 🙂

4. alicia says:

What sweet examples for warmth! Your dog is adorable!

5. Faith says:

What great ideas for Warmth! Love them. Thanks for linking up with the Poetic Winter photography challenge.

6. I just adore that first photo of your dog. So cute! And I totally love your pink fuzzy socks! They’re a staple around my house during these cold winter months.

Thanks so much for joining us in the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge. I pinned one of your photos to our Poetic Winter Pinterest boad. We’ll be moving on to “Passion” on Friday. Can’t wait to see what you come up with. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

7. A lovely long list and photos of warmth — pets do bring so much warmth to our lives. Love that you reminded me of that!

Thank you for sharing at Your Sunday Best. 🙂

8. Amy Kirk says:

my new favorite “warmth” is our polar fleece sheets. We used to be die hard flannel sheets fans until I discovered these new kind of sheets on sale last year at Shopko and decided to try a set. They are unbelievably soft, instantly warm, and fuzzy. Right after Black Friday this year, I went back and bought 2 more sets and have hardly used any of our flannel sheets. It’s the perfect ending to being outside in the SD cold, snowy, winter weather. I think my husband loves them more than I do.