Poetic Beauty of Winter ~ Solitude

Alicia of Project Alicia is collaborating with Kristi of Live and Love Out Loud, Rebecca of Bumbles & Light and Faith of Sweet Violet to sponsor the Poetic Winter Photography Challenge.  This 4-week photo challenge is designed to capture and share the graceful magnificence of winter through photography.

This week’s theme is Solitude.  Solitude can be defined as:

A separated freedom from commotion and uproar; a quality of calm and privacy.

OR

A discontented loneliness, isolation from other human activity.

Such different meanings and emotions tied to the same word.

The privacy to think, contemplate or ponder the happenings of the day.

The Rancher will feed me; I shall not want.  I can freely graze winter pasture.

The road less traveled is not effortless or trouble-free.  One can sporadically get stuck in the routine that sometimes bogs us down.  But, the road less traveled is an opportunity to go where there is no pathway and leave a trail for others to pursue.

Maybe that road is the driveway leading home to a place where one can disconnect from the rest of the world, to find peace from turmoil and a sense of composure and serenity.

What does solitude mean to you?

14 Responses to Poetic Beauty of Winter ~ Solitude

1. I love your thoughts on solitude. For me, solitude is that special little place where I can be alone with my thoughts. It’s the place where my heart roams free, where I see clearly. It can be in the middle of a forest, on a beach or even on a crowded city street like my co-host Rebecca talked about in her post.

Thanks so much for joining us in the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge. I hope you remembered to grab the free texture over at my place! Next week’s theme will be Warmth. Have a great weekend. 🙂

2. Linda says:

Solitude is being alone (by myself, never truly alone) when I want to be.
    Or hubby and I being at the retirement property (farm) without the kids who are currently living at home.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Linda

May you find time for the solitude you need, when you need it. How many kids do you have at home?

On yesterday’s post: I have seen the small AC/DC refrigerators. That would be handy in the summer time.

Hope your weekend is wonderful also!

3. Tezzie says:

Wonderful illustrations of solitude…I love the road disappearing into the distance. And, your pooch is adorable (Australian Blue Heeler, by chance..?) 🙂

I loved the winter road photo! It definitely said solitude to me. Have a wonderful weekend, Robyn!

5. alicia says:

So true that there are two sides. Guess it is in how we perceive and interpret it. Love that last photo and your words… “the road less traveled is an opportunity to go where there is no pathway and leave a trail for others to pursue.” Beautiful and inspiring. Thanks for joining the Poetic Winter Challenge!

6. I love your interpretation of Solitude. Being a soul that appreciates being alone with my thoughts on occasion. Your laneway looks like a great place to do that.

Thank You for stopping in! I took a look at your blog too. Your photos are amazing. I have not captured a sunrise, sunset or moon picture I like. I keep looking at beautiful pictures like yours and think my opportunity is coming.

Looks like you have a couple cute Cavaliers! Solitude and my Boston Terrier are not very complimentary! lol

I love the picture of the wintery road leading to a place of solitude! 🙂

8. Saun says:

Great photos and words…

Saun, Candy, Alicia and Kim

The road picture is our driveway looking towards home. I took it last week while on a walk with the dogs.

Thank You for all the kind words, it means a lot to me!

9. Nancy @ A Rural Journal says:

I love photos of cattle. We usually rent out our pasture in the spring/summer and have a few head around — for my photography pleasure. They are wonderful photo subjects–and your captures are lovely.

Thanks so much for sharing at Your Sunday Best. I truly appreciate your participation. 🙂

Nancy

I found you through Candy at Lazy J Bar C. I am a native Nebraskan and my Mom grew up in eastern Nebraska.

Glad you enjoy my pictures; I take a lot of the cattle. I look forward to sharing more on Your Sunday Best. Thank You for stopping in and commenting on my blog.