Poetic Beauty of Winter ~ Passion

Passion:  An intense and strong feeling about an individual or thing.  An eagerness, enthusiasm, interest or desire, towards a subject, idea, person, or purpose.

The Rancher and I have a passion for cattle.  We ranch and raise cattle that turn into the beef you eat.  Our passion is our lifestyle.  Everything we do revolves around the ranch.  We care for our livestock, often times putting their needs and health as priority over our own.  It’s not an easy life, but a life we have chosen.  It is a heritage we want to continue.

Growing up I had a passion for showing cattle.  A passion I inherited from Mom and Grandpa.  An activity I dearly miss.

~ ~ ~

Last weekend our really good friends M and K came to visit us.  K has a passion for being a mother.  K and M have a first grader, a 2 1/2-year-old and a 1-year-old.  K loves and cares for her family.  In return, they fill her life with excitement and joy.

Miss L has a passion for good desserts and helping in the kitchen.  She is her Mother’s shadow.

Sir G has a passion for laughter and smiles.  Makes me smile too!

~ ~ ~

In the book Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

The main female character, Savannah, asked John to take her to meet his Dad.  John’s Dad is a passionate coin collector.

Savannah tells John:

“… the saddest people I’ve ever met in life are the ones who don’t care deeply about anything at all.  Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there’s nothing to make it last.  I’d love to hear your dad talk about coins, because that’s when you see a person at his best, and I’ve found that someone else’s happiness is usually infectious.”

What is your passion in life?

Linking up with the Poetic Beauty of Winter Photo Challenge

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop #45 at Deborah Jean’s Dandelion House

Weekly Top Shot #17 at The View From Right Here

Your Sunday Best #4 at A Rural Journal

13 Responses to Poetic Beauty of Winter ~ Passion

1. alicia says:

What a wonderful thing that you and your hubs share such a passion together. That seems to be a rarity these days. Thanks so much for sharing and linking up your passions to our Poetic Winter Challenge!

2. alita says:

Oh how I love that book. Great quote from it! And I adore cattle as well. I was somewhat obsessed as a young girl. My best friend’s father raised cattle as well. I would love to spend an afternoon just taking pictures.

So fascinating! Great set… I loved reading this post.

Thank You for stopping in at my blog and leaving a comment, I appreciate it. It is fun to spent time taking pictures of the cattle.

I liked your photos and quotes, Alita! I really like the last 2 picts. The rose close-up is awesome and the view you caught of the sunset is great.

3. Linda says:

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

4. I really respect folks who work hard to provide us with beef. We bought beef from a local farmer here last spring and we’ll never ever go back to buying beef from a supermarket ever again. The hard work and care they put into raising their animals really shined through in the quality of the beef.

Thanks so much for sharing your photos with us in the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge. We’re moving on to “Calm” next week Friday. Boy am I looking forward to a little bit of calm… Have a great weekend!

My passion is my baking! I always said if I could figure out a way to make money baking it would be the best of both worlds…and I am doing it! 🙂
    Great post!

6. emily says:

What a wonderful post! It is important to be passionate about your livelihood, and it great that you and your husband share that together!

Thanks, Emily. The majority of the time we work very well together. Sometimes it amazes me what the two of us can get done in a day.

7. Bonnie says:

I have two passions. First my home and husband. I love our log cabin in the Hills. Second is for my students. I work hard to make sure they get a second chance in life.

8. A passion of which to be very proud, Robyn.

Thanks so much for sharing at Your Sunday Best.

9. Pat says:

Lovely post.

10. Love these pics and this post! Your beef looks divine.

My passion, besides blogging and my family, would be running. 🙂