Poetic Beauty of Winter ~ Calm

Today is the last day for the Poetic Beauty of Winter Photo Challenge.  Calm is the theme for this weeks pictures.

To be calm is to be free of anxiety and tough emotions.   To be at peace and relaxed without trouble.  To be quiet.

Calm means no stormy conditions, wind or turbulence.  To be still.

Hoar frost is formed by white ice crystals on a cold clear night.  A motionless night yields to create a beautiful frosty morning.

This Charolais bull at the Black Hills Stock Show quietly rests while the hustle and bustle of show day activity surrounds him.

Little Dog has no concern as she naps in the sunbeam on a winter afternoon.  I think I should join her!

Big Dog takes it easy after morning chores.  The mild winter allows for a nice nap on the deck.

Miss L is free from worry as she is fed well and dessert promises to be delicious!

Laughter and giggles are a sign of calm from Sir G.  They are a reminder that simplicity can bring great joy.

What does calm mean to you?

Linking up with the Poetic Beauty of Winter Photo Challenge

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop #46 at Deborah Jean’s Dandelion House

Weekly Top Shot #18 at The View From Right Here

Your Sunday Best #5 at A Rural Journal

21 Responses to Poetic Beauty of Winter ~ Calm

1. alita says:

Your puppies are adorable! Just adorable. 🙂

Great pictures representing calm!
    I have been enjoying your pictures of frost recently but didn’t know what it was called, I’m glad you told me! 🙂

3. Debbie says:

Great photos of calm… calm to me means a few more weeks of dreaming about the fun ahead in the garden and more sunshine. Hot tea on a cool, damp afternoon, and napping with Max our Corgi!

4. Teresa says:

I love hoarfrost! That bull is quite handsome.

5. Tish says:

I am so intrigued by that photo of hoar frost! I’ve never heard of it or seen it!! It is truly beautiful and your photo of it is gorgeous! looks like you found quite a bit of calm this week!! love all your photos!

6. Robyn..we rarely have hoar frost here..that is SO beautiful! Thank you for coming by and sharing at Weekly Top Shot… 🙂

7. Isn’t hoar frost amazing? Also amazing I actually know what it is. 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing at Your Sunday Best.

8. alicia says:

Never knew the name of it, but that hoar frost is certainly a marvelous miracle. You’ve captured it beautifully. Thanks so much for participating in out Poetic Winter Challenge!

9. Cheryl @ Deckside says:

There’s something elegant about hoarfrost. Love that last shot of your little one. What a cutie.

10. Rain says:

beautiful ice crystals!!

11. Jennifer says:

What precious little faces in those photos. And the frost is just beautiful!