Pecking Away … Pecking Away

We are still haying.  The oats are all rolled up and we are back to prairie hay. Saturday evening everything J had swathed was raked and baled.  The weatherman was talking a Saturday night storm and good chances for rain on Sunday.  We got .10″ of rain, fog and cool temps on Sunday.  J went back to cutting mid-Monday morning.

July 16

It felt good to have Sunday to relax!  Saturday afternoon I got caught up on house cleaning and started laundry.  Sunday I did more laundry, caught up with a good nap, did a little baking and took time to edit pictures.  Sunday night I felt ready to face another busy week.

Monday afternoon J quit early.  We went out to eat with Cousin T, his Wife and Nephew and a neighbor couple.  We were celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Cousin T and his Wife.

July 16

With haying season so busy, and me stressed out, I have not been taking many pictures.  A few; not many.  My picture editing didn’t take that long to catch up on, but was a fun project.  We can see the light at the end of the haying season tunnel (we think) and I hope to take more time for photography.

July 16

How do you like to spend your Sunday’s?  What do you do to recharge and get ready to face the week?

10 Responses to Pecking Away … Pecking Away

1. Janet says:

Really think your bossy and baby picture is neat.

I try to have more downtime on Sunday afternoons and attempt to stay away from the computer. I do think it helps to have a day to recharge the batteries, but I don’t always get to! I’m glad you see the light at the end of the tunnel with haying. I like your prairie flower collage. We have our county fair this week, so it will be a different kind of busy!

3. Ya know when you are retired somedays are Sundays everyday….the joys of aging. I would love to have my camera and go out haying with you. Those bales are perfect candidates for a photo-op.

4. cheri says:

You can sure tell that’s mama’s baby. Great pic. Love the flowers. Your hay looks yummy. Taking a nap by the pool is a great way to recharge. As you know, ranching/farming is a 24/7/365 job. So ya take a recharge when ya get the chance. 🙂 Have a nice day.

Love the wild coneflowers, I have to grow mine in containers! 🙂
    Sunday is usually a ‘catch-up’ day for me.

6. Sandra says:

Sunday we try to spend time with family and leave the day free from work ( as much as possible)
    I love the flowers!

7. Patrice says:

I know it’s a lot of work, but I always look forward to when our local farmers make hay.

8. I love purple cone flower.. such a cool flower.
    It rained, and rained, and rained here on Sunday.. I heard we got three inches, but I don’t know for a fact. I just know it really never stopped raining soft & steady, from sun up until sundown. So I read tackled my reading pile – I have not had time to do much summer reading, and my stack is huge with books that friends & family have lent me. I knocked one book off on Sunday!
    It was called the Night Journal.. and I really enjoyed it.

Oh Robyn I just love seeing your photos especially the finished round bales in the field:) it sure is hot outside. Great job and rest when you can. I am not sure what Sunday will bring but we may have to bale unfortunately the weather is changing again. Take care enjoy your Sundays. Hug B

10. Amy says:

Love the cows. I’m glad that you share your daily lives including the hard work.