Over The Neighbor’s Fence

Nothing says spring like baby animals running around the place!  The neighbors have been lambing; last week I saw that they moved the families (a ewe and her babies) across the road.

It’s just a little tricky taking pictures of range sheep.  They easily run off at the presence of a crazy camera lady and/or strange noises.  Lucky for me, my camera has an excellent zoom.

On the other side of the road I noticed these girls grazing.

Sounds like the Rancher is ready to start farming.  It’s still early to be farming here.  On the other hand, the ground is ready and it’s dry.  Our hope is to get the oats in before the cows start calving heavy.  Maybe we can catch some nice rains soon.

Are you calving, lambing and/or farming?  What do you have going on this weekend?

Linking Up With:

Friday Fences #26 at Life According to Jan and Jer

Farmgirl Friday #51 at Deborah Jean’s Dandelion House

Foto Friday ~ “Spring has Sprung” at Photograph Life

Your Sunday Best at A Rural Journal

Weekly Top Shot at The View From Right Here

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words Photo Challenge at A Rosie Sweet Home

36 Responses to Over The Neighbor’s Fence

1. Kari Sanders says:

Branding and to pasture next weekend. I better get started cooking soon.

2. Doing a little garden work, the husband is going to work cattle, and I think we are gonna get to ride a couple of horses this weekend! Excited!

3. Gina B. says:

We are finishing up calving, waiting for the temps to warm up and the grass to grow so we can get to summer pastures!

I kind of wonder if we won’t be going to grass a little early. It was so late last year due to the cold wet spring.

Our neighbor has lambs, too! You just have to love all the baby animals at this time of the year.

5. Janis says:

Love the little lambs…so cute looking through the fence!

6. bree says:

great photo’s! Awwwwwe. Those litte lambs are adorable!

xoxo, bree

7. Rose says:

I love these….every single shot is wonderful.

8. what great processing. looks peaceful there. cute calves. (:

9. Lori says:

Beautiful Spring babies, I’m a sucker for calves, well I just love animals! Nice captures!

Thanks so much for sharing with Foto Friday!
    Lori

Sweet little lambs! :)
    My goat should be kidding here in a week or so, does that count! LOL!!

11. Teresa says:

Love the pictures! We’ve started kidding, but there will be a break until May now. It’s nice to have the babies around.

12. Michelle says:

Robyn, thanks for you comments on my blog! I really enjoy photography. You have some great shots of these little lambs. They are so very sweet!

13. Janice says:

I love these photos and all the other ones you post! Thanks for sharing your piece of the world!

14. Good capture on the lambs, they are adorable. Especially love that fence shot, where the sheep are out of focus. Awesome, Robyn!

Thank you for sharing at Your Sunday Best. :)

Thank You, Nancy. I like that shot too. As you can tell, my auto focus picked up on the grass and fence. I thought is showed a neat perspective.

15. Deborah says:

no ranching, no farming, but I’ll soon be joining my friends at the ranch for branding!

Great shots!

16. Pat says:

Love these shots! The lambs are so sweet.

17. Beautiful captures, Robyn! Enjoying the weekend but it is WINDY outside today.

Today was terrible for wind. I am not sure where I got my current cold, but the dirt and wind do not help my cough. It is really dry and we need rain.

18. These are great shots of the little guys. Hope your weather holds steady so you can get some planting done. Ours turned cold again and everything has slowed down.

19. Those little lambs are SO adorable! I love your cattle shots… they are such curious creatures, don’t you agree?? Thank you Robyn for sharing on Weekly Top Shot, I love that you come by each week!

Madge
      I really enjoy the photography and photo linky parties. I am so glad I found your blog and other photo blogs (many that are part of your linky party). I am inspired by the outstanding art work that is shared! T

Yes, animals can be very courious creatures!

Fantastic photos I love baby lambs they are so cute. It is dry here too our cows and calves are eating the grass up as fast as it grows we do not usually let them on pasture till May 24 but the grass is quite long already. They enjoy it and I love watching them from my window. Happy calving. B

Pray for rain! After yesterday and today we will need it even more. The wind has been terrible. I think it’s blowing harder this morning than it did yesterday. It is so dirty.

21. Rose says:

Love the pictures. I found you on Weekly Top Shot. I want to invite you to come visit my blog. I have a Photo challenge and I would love it if you came and entered. @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/2012/03/picture-is-worth-thousand-words-photo.html
    I hope you come check it out.
    PS I also host a weekly party. The Sunday Round Up you can come share anything you like. http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
    Thanks
    Rose

22. Mira Crisp says:

Love that black girl on the other side of the fence. :)