Outside My Window I am Thankful for the Rain

I decided to take prompts from the Simple Woman’s Day Book and share them over the next few weeks.  Here are the first 6 ideas:

Outside My Window: The weekend brought us some much much needed moisture!  It started Saturday night and by Sunday afternoon we had over an inch of rain.  A week ago we had two showers with a combined rain fall of .25″.  We are over joyed!

May 21

I am thinking:  Last Saturday was the local High School Graduation.  J and I attended the ceremony and class reception.  I always find Graduations inspiring.  This life milestone was one of my favorites and reminds me that I too have a lot of dreams to work towards and accomplish.  I may have graduated High School 14 years ago, but I am still ambitious.  I have a college education, age and experience to guide me.  I also have a good husband and some pretty awesome friends to support me.

Below: Kim Klassen’s 0303 texture was added to the prairie area of this photo.

May 21

I am thankful… Sunday the Rancher and I enjoyed a lazy rainy day.  We both appreciated the opportunity to relax and listen to the rain.

In the kitchen…  Not much has been going on in my kitchen.  We have been busy with cattle work and there is more cattle work to be done.  There are times of the year when our schedule is not compliant to meal planning and this is one of them.  Quick and easy is the arrangement.

To the picture below I added Nancy Claey’s Skies Laundry texture for the top portion and Organic Paper to the prairie.

May 21

I am wearing… Chore clothes and rain gear.

I am creating…  Other than creating and working on my blog, I have not been to crafty.  I try to carry my camera with me the majority of the time, so I have an adequate collection of pictures to process.  I work on picture editing and blog posts in the evening or early morning.

Our goal this week is to get pairs out to grass.  Last Saturday we started this process by helping Cousin T.  Monday we were rained out.  This morning we will see what the radar says and be flexible to what the day brings.

Let it rain! Let it rain! This is our current mantra.

17 Responses to Outside My Window I am Thankful for the Rain

I’m glad you got some good moisture. It definitely lifts the spirits and morale. Have a great week!

2. abrianna says:

I really like the textures applied to the third photo. I may have to experiment with adding texture to part of a photo. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

3. Karen says:

I’m happy you’re getting some needed rain and that you were able to enjoy a lazy day. I love the mixture of textures you used on the photos.

4. Barb says:

Getting much-needed rain is always a good thing! I really like the edit on the first photo – nicely done!

5. Gracie says:

These are awesome shots, Robyn!
    Love them all!

6. Patrice says:

Love your use of the Laundry texture!

7. kelly says:

love your photos and they are so beautifully textured. thank you for stopping by to say hi today.

8. Sharon says:

Your photos of the cow are whimsical. I’m glad you got a little rain. My favorite photo is the one you edited with the Laundry texture — great job!

9. Teresa says:

Beautiful pictures. Love the calf with his tongue up his nose. 🙂 So glad you’re getting some rain!

Hooray for the rain! I really liked your answers to the prompts for a peek inside your world this week! 🙂

11. Earl says:

Being a city guy, I really like seeing the rural photos. I love the earrings they are wearing Thanks for the humor with the tongue out.

Earl

Except in college and for a few months following, I have always lived on a ranch or farm. I can’t imagine what living in town would be like. I wouldn’t mind having the option for take out or entertainment once in a while, but love my lifestyle!

12. Bruce says:

Always love seeing your photos of the cattle.

13. I am loving all of this extra rain- so nice. Nice edit on the photos!

14. We are sure thankful for rain, too! Terrible fire danger just a week ago, we had family members evacuated from their homes to the SW of us. Now everything is greening up like crazy.
    I love the photos of your calves. Great work with the textures, too!
    My nephew will be graduating from highschool next week. My husband and I babysat him from the time he was born (we were just dating at the time) .. It’s hard to believe he’s to this milestone already.

15. Prairie Jill says:

Great shots! I love your idea of using texture only on parts of the image – very effective.

16. Robyn, I always enjoy the glimpse into your days, you make me tired just reading! Love your calf photos, brings back wonderful memories… Thank you for joining in ‘Rurality Blog Hop #15’ Hope to see you next Wednesday for #16…