Open Minds and Hearts

This was a fun Scavenger Hunt!  I hope you enjoy my choice of pictures.  Chickens, flowers and “the girls” are some of my favorite subjects to photograph.  I also took advantage of sights from Motorcycle City, while the crowd was still quiet.

Going back in time, I think of my Great Grandmothers and their roles as farm wives and mothers.  They raised children, cooked for farm hands, tended livestock and more.

I have a fondness for flowers and jewelry.  I never tire of looking at and photographing pretty flowers.  I love to window shop and adorn my ears, neck and wrists with color.  Finding these purple flowers was something for me to enjoy.

The best part of my day is coming home from work and being greeted by these three!

There is a night and day difference between Motorcycle City during rally week and the rest of the year.  I have never been to the rally.  Before we were married J and I made an attempt to drive through town during the rally. We needed to get to the Big City and J forgot what traffic is like during rally week.  It was a slow and interesting drive.

These wild flowers look up to find the sunshine.

Sometimes, it’s important to go back in time.  To remember something we did for ourselves, to look at what makes a good day.  We need to focus on keeping our minds and hearts open.  That can make a night and day difference in how we deal with the challenges we face.

12 Responses to Open Minds and Hearts

1. Dances Of Dreams says:

I love your fresh eggs, and your scavenger hunt photos!

2. emily says:

Oh, Sturgis…we made the mistake of being in the Black Hills during the bike rally one year, though it is interesting, totally not my thing. One of the first trips I took with my boyfriend (now husband) was to Lead and Deadwood, and I’m sure, if we could live there we would. I always have so much fondness of that area as my family vacationed there frequently when I was a kid, and I worked a summer at the KOA by Mt. Rushmore as well.

Thanks for sharing, Emily. Yes, there is a lot to see during rally week and a lot you don’t want to see, lol!

Glad you enjoy the Black Hills so much. J and I try to do the fun tourist things once in a while. Did you ever do the Volks March at Crazy Horse?

3. Love those three pups, they make a fab welcoming committee! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #42!

Madge, most of the time, I wish I had half the energy that one of them has. It’s nice to be enthusiastically greeted.

4. Have been to the rally several times in my youth, lol. Great times.

Wonderful flowers and of course, the puppies are my favorite.

5. Janice says:

I actually miss being on a farm. I remember when I was little, I used to have fresh eggs in the morning! I mean, literally, the hens just laid them!

And your dogs are way too cute. 😉

Great pictures and mosaics! I can’t even pick a favorite this time as I like them all! 🙂

7. Amy says:

If I had chickens, they would be running from the camera all the time. Nice scavenger hunt!

8. Teresa says:

This one was a fun group to hunt down. I love the chickens! I have to admit that I am glad I don’t have all the hard work my grandmothers had to do.

9. Bethany says:

Great shots! Love the dogs.
    Thanks for linking up to Observing Beauty!

10. NCSue (I follow back!) says:

Thank you for visiting Observing Beauty at http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/. I appreciate you stopping by and sharing your photo this past week! And please visit this week’s Observing Beauty linky, too – it’s up and running!
    I hope to see you again soon.
    Have a great week,