Nurture Photo Challenge ~ Red or Foliage

The prompts for this weeks Nurture Photo Challenge are red or foliage.

I like taking pictures of cattle.  I really like taking pictures of red cattle.  We have several neighbors with Herefords and I try to sneak in a shot or two when I drive by.

After last week’s hurricane like winds the pretty fall foliage is gone.  We have gotten a little moisture this week; in the form of rain, sleet and few flakes.  It settled the dust, a little.  Today feels like winter.

A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand.  I think, I too, have known autumn too long.  ~e.e. cummings

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came –
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
~George Cooper, “October’s Party”

The Rancher keeps leaving early to do cattle work.  Tuesday and Wednesday Cousin T needed help sorting cattle.  This weekend we will be working cows at Cousin T’s and preparing to wean calves.

Linking Up With:

Nurture Photo Challenge hosted by Live and Love Out Loud and Bumbles and Light

Foto Friday #70 ~ Fallen Leaves at Photograph Life

Farmgirl Friday #80 at Deborah Jean’s Dadnelion House and co-hostesses Heidi of My Simple Country Life and White Wolf Summit Farmgirl Blog and Dolly of Hibiscus House and Dolly is Cooking

Friday Fences #55 at Life According to Jan and Jer

12 Responses to Nurture Photo Challenge ~ Red or Foliage

1. Carletta says:

There are mainly Herefords here on nearby farms. I do the same and take their photos almost every time I pass that farm.
    Such sweet faces.
    Great shots!
    The leaves have fallen in large numbers this week and if the Noreaster hits like they predict we won’t have any left as well.

2. Lea says:

Love cow photos!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Lea
    Lea’s menagerie

3. Beth - VA says:

hi there. lovely fall leaf shots. i’m a fan of 2nd shot. i’m wondering about this coming weekend & week for weather as well. could be so interesting indeed. have a great weekend. big hugs. (:

4. Janis says:

The red cattle really does show up better on color shots! Our weather is changing over the weekend…this time next week all the gorgeous leaves will be laying on the ground …sigh..

5. Carol Ann says:

I liked the first photo of the red cow and the second shot along with the fences.

Nice job ! My sister and hubby owned a farm. Now son has taken over.

6. Marie-AZ says:

Beautiful photos…and I love the e. e. cummings poem!

7. Lori says:

Oh I love cattle photos too!

Thanks for sharing with Foto Friday,
    Lori

8. mrsbearfoot says:

The cattle are so pretty. We have mostly Black Angus here in Indiana, so not too easy to photograph. It’s always a delight when we come across a different breed and can see their faces!

I like the “October Party” poem that you posted. 🙂

Thanks for your visit and comment on my Friday Fences/Autumn Foliage post. Hope you have a great weekend.

9. MG Atwood says:

Nice red cattle shots! I hate it when the wind takes the leaves before their time. Have a lovely weekend, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

10. Nina says:

Those Herefords are really sweet! I like also the picture with the bare trees against the light blue sky – beautiful!

11. I love red cows! I also love the photo of tree grove. Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Nurture Photo Challenge. Sorry for not stopping by sooner. I’m a little behind on blog visits. 🙁