Nurture Photo Challenge ~ Orange or Warm

Orange or Warm are the promps for this weeks Nurture Photo Challenge.  It seems like our trees turned mostly yellow this fall.  I did capture this moon picture with an orange leafed tree one evening.

My attempt at growing pumkins was a bust and my Mother-in-Law had bad luck too.  So, fake pumkins is what I have to share.

Vegetables are a must on a diet.
~Jim Davis
I have always liked gourds.  They are fun shapes and some have neat textures and colors.  We grew a few when I was a kid.  When I saw a sack of gourds for sale at the grocery store, I just had to have them to add to my fall decor.

Yet poetry, though the last and finest result, is a natural fruit. As naturally as the oak bears an acorn, and the vine a gourd, man bears a poem, either spoken or done. It is the chief and most memorable success, for history is but a prose narrative of poetic deeds.

~Henry David Thoreau

Orange is the happiest color.

~ Frank Sinatra

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

11 Responses to Nurture Photo Challenge ~ Orange or Warm

1. Bridget D. says:

That moon shot is really pretty!

2. Janice says:

I met Kristi from Live & Love Out Loud tonight! 🙂 will have to mention you tomorrow when I see her.

I love the moon shot! I agree with you: Most of our turning leaves are yellow or went straight to brown because of the drought. And, after the wind literally blew 50 mph yesterday, most of them are on the ground. Have a good weekend, Robyn!

4. Gina says:

How positively delightful. Love all that orange.

Your moon shot is GORGEOUS and I really like your fake pumpkins and the gourds!! 🙂

6. Lori says:

I like gourds too! The moon is so pretty!

Thanks for sharing with Foto Friday,
    Lori

7. Rebecca says:

I’m fascinated by gourds, their weird textures and interesting colours!

I like your fake pumpkins too, I don’t think my mother in law had much luck with her pumpkins this year either!

Thanks so much for taking part in the Nurture Photography Challenge 🙂

8. Emily says:

I love the collages! We haven’t done anything with pumpkins yet, but the boy is sure getting into halloween this year, so I’m sure that is what we will be up to next weekend!

9. So many lovely orange photos! I love the gourds, Robyn! I know Janice mentioned us meeting this past weekend. What a bummer that I haven’t had a chance to meet you yet. 🙁 One of these days…

Thanks so much for joining us in the Nurture Photography Challenge. You’re always so great about sharing your work with us. Can’t wait to see what you come up with on Friday! Have a great week. 🙂