Nurture Photo Challenge ~ Blue

Blue or Breath are the prompts for this week’s Winter Nurture Photo challenge with Kristi at Live and Love Out Loud and Rebecca at Bumbles and Light.  While in Nebraska the sky was a stunning blue.  I took my camera on an afternoon walk so I could capture the beauty.

This hay field is east of Mom and Dad’s house and down the old dirt road.

Hay field, looking west.

Earlier this week J and I sorted the 1st and 2nd calvers.  The later group went back with the cows.  We also finished getting the barn ready for calving season.  The heifers are getting close to having babies.  With the cold and wind we have started bringing the girls in and checking them at night.  J does the 2:00 am check and I do the 5:00.

Feb 21

The weather turned windy over the weekend and cold on Tuesday.  The highs have been in the upper teens/low 20’s with strong winds.  It can get pretty raw with such winds.  I was glad to feel a breeze when I checked heifers this morning.

This is a picture of the Muddy Creek.  Muddy Creek is a spring fed and runs through Mom and Dad’s place.  This picture was taken on a bridge east of the house and facing east in the afternoon.

Muddy Creek, looking east.

The old hens started laying again.  On a good day, I am gathering 4-8 eggs!

My chore coat is blue and my stocking cap has blue in it too.  I am holding Mom’s first set of lambs for 2013.

Feb 21

Good Luck to those preparing for the winter storm that they are calling for in Nebraska and the midwest.  I know you need the moisture.

22 Responses to Nurture Photo Challenge ~ Blue

Oh Robyn I must say you look as adorable as those little lambs.
    Good luck with calving I have a couple more stragglers and we will be done. I think we are holding off on getting our bull back to avoid winter calving for next year. I am happy about that.
    Love your creek. Take care of yourself stay warm. Hug B

2. emily says:

Look at those lambs! I love all the bright blue skies! We haven’t had too many of those in these parts, but hopefully that will be changing!

What a beautiful blue the sky is, wow!! What cute little lambies! 🙂
    You guys stay warm up there and don’t get blown away!

4. I love that shot of you and the twins!

5. Tami says:

Gorgeous! Especially love the Nebraska sky.

6. Tanya says:

i enjoyed all the pictures, i especially like the one of you with the babies!

7. Pat says:

Beautiful shots! The little lambs are so sweet.

Pat,
      Lambs are fun! I saw them the first day I got home and the last evening Mom and I did chores I could tell they had grown. Babies (lambs, cattle or people) change so fast.

8. Love the blues in these photos. Congrats on the new additions to your family. 🙂

9. Rose says:

I so love that sky in the first shot…but really enjoyed the entire post.

Marie and Rose,

Muddy Creek does provide some neat photo opportunities. It’s fun to walk down the old dirt road and observe nature. I never know what I might see.

10. Marie-AZ says:

Beautiful blues in the sky…and I love that pretty little stream. Some lovely photos, including a great farm fence!

11. Janis says:

Gorgeous photos…such cute little lambs too!

12. beautiful images! and those little lambs are so adorable:-)

13. Rebecca says:

Great photos Robyn, that blue sky is absolutely stunning! As is the reflection of it in the ice of the creek.

I love the lambs 🙂 I haven’t spoken to my in-laws lately but I wonder if they have had any lambs yet this year. I’ll have to take my son out there as soon as they do have some, he still fondly remembers bottle feeding a preemie lamb back in 2011 (and likes to visit her now that she is grown!)

Thanks so much for taking part in the Nurture Photography Challenge!

14. Kristi {at} Live & Love Out Loud says:

These are all fantastic! I especially love that last photo of you. It’s wonderful to see your smiling face. 🙂

Thanks for joining us again in the Nurture Photography Challenge. Have a great weekend. 🙂

15. Beth says:

great shots. i love the 2 fence shot. or the icy river. so cold looking. have a great weekend. ( :

16. lovely set of photos – so you grew up in Nebraska on a farm and now live in SD on a ranch?? I’m trying to talk my husband into moving to either SD or Montana and purchase a ranch and get out o f this rat race in the city! Still not done convining him though

TT,

Yes, I grew up raising cattle (ranching) in Nebraska and now do the same in South Dakota. Mom and Dad are not farmers as they don’t produce any row crops.

I am a Nebraska girl at heart, but will admit South Dakota is a pretty good place to live too. I have never been to Montana.

Let me know if you ever come through the Black Hills.

17. Roxi says:

Muddy Creek is gorgeous! I grew up in North Dakota on the farm so I have to follow you for great photos as far as what’s going on up there. (In TX now) I love those lambs…

Welcome Roxi! Thanks for the comment and follow.
      I looked at your blog and love your photography! I can’t leave a comment on your blog, but look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.