No Bean Chili Dip for a Picnic

What a busy weekend!  Saturday we worked cattle almost all day.  After chores we went to sorting yearlings.  We picked out replacement heifers and worked them.  Now, the girls are ready for breeding season.

I made Pot Roast in the crock pot with all the fixings, including Candy’s Buttermilk Wheat Bread and Magic Bars (a/k/a 7 Layer Bars).

Early morning chores, kitchen stuff and taking out pairs kept me busy on Sunday.  I made Everyday BreadJ’s Favorite Bars and grilled Rib Eye’s for dinner.  Oh, I took a little nap with  my little dog too.

~ ~ ~

No picnics for us this weekend.  But, spring is here and picnic season is close behind.  This hot dip is a favorite of The Rancher’s and Cousin T.  It goes over very very well at branding, potlucks and picnics!

1 ~ 15 oz. can Hormel Chili, no beans

1 ~ 10 oz can RoTel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies

1 C Velveeta, cubed

1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

Green Onions, sliced ~ to fit your personal preference

If I have any leftover taco meat I toss that in the mix too!

Combine all ingredients in a small crock pot and warm until cheese melts and dip is hot.  Stir frequently.

Garnish with slices of green onion and serve with tortilla chips, vegetable dippers or as a taco.

Have a wonderful Monday!

Linking Up with

Mix It Up Monday at Flour Me With Love

Hunk of Meat Monday at Beyer Beware

Mom’s Cravings #78 ~ Picnic Recipes at Mom’s Crazy Cooking

Whimsy Wednesday #8 at The NY Melrose Family

Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Feed Your Soul at Around My Family Table

8 Responses to No Bean Chili Dip for a Picnic

1. Mindie says:

Sounds easy and delicious.

2. emily says:

I could use a Magic Bar right about now, and that dip sounds excellent. I think Spring is here to stay! We had some cooler temps the last two weeks, but things are looking better as we head into May!

I’ve had a similar dip before and it is very, very good! :)
    With your cooler weather and all that wind, it’s probably a good thing you didn’t do garden work over the weekend!

4. Lisa says:

What a great new dip! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

5. Jenny says:

I love chili and this looks so easy. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

Thanks, Jenny. I think you could use homemade chili for this recipe if you wanted. Just use your judgment on the amount of liquid. Oh and personally, I would add beans! Hope you get a chance to try this dip.

6. Miz Helen says:

Hi Robyn,
    If you were working cattle all day, you needed something in the crockpot to come home to, working cattle is very hard work. Your dip looks awesome. Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!