My Past 10 Days …

1.  Made blueberry muffins and forgot the sugar.

2.  Started the 31 Days to a Better Ag Blog program with FARMnWIFE Judi Graff.

3.  Co-hosted a Baby Showerfor J’s Sister and a “Welcome” Coffee for a friend at work.

4.  Made bread that did not rise and tossed it in the trash.  I am a yeast killer!  Saturday I tried again with marvelous results!

5.  Finished reading At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks and Started reading Dream Country by Luanne Rice.

6.  Eaten venison for dinner.  J found some tenderloin, from a young deer, in the freezer.  Much, MUCH more tasty than the OLD mule deer buck whose antlers greet me in the entryway.

7.  Attended a Funeral.

8.  The weather has been beautiful!

9.  For some reason when I flush the toilet the water keeps running.  The tank will not fill and shut off.  Only when I flush.  It has been going on for a while and is getting old!  J can not find anything wrong, just the way I flush.

10.  I made cookies to share with you!

This is the recipe I use to make the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I had rolos leftover from a Christmas gift and thought the two would make a good combination.

I made the cookie dough leaving out the chocolate chips.  I scooped some cookie dough and wrapped it around a rolo; then rolled the entire thing into a pretty ball and baked it.

TA DA … crispy, buttery cookies with a caramel chocolate center!

What kind of excitement have you had so far this year?

Linking up with:

Crazy Sweet Tuesday at Crazy for Crust

Made from Scratch Tuesday at From Mess Hall to Bistro

Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Foodie Friday #9 with The Country Cook and Friends

17 Responses to My Past 10 Days …

1. Rhonda says:

Yes, this sounds about like a true day in the life……Kudos to you for doing actual cooking! I enjoy your posts. You ‘invite me in’ quite effectively. Rhonda

Rhonda, I am glad to hear my posts are inviting and make you want to join in the conversation! That makes my day and is one of my goals.

Enjoyed visiting with you and the 31 DBB group last night!

2. Wow. You’ve been a busy girl. Why do you think the dough didn’t rise the first time? That would drive me nuts with the toilet. We are water efficient crazy here.

The recipe said to warm the milk then add the yeast. I think I got the milk was to hot. The next day I tested the yeast to make sure it was still good and had no problem. Also, the second go around I put a little sugar in with the warm milk.

The toilet thing IS getting old. It makes me nervous every time I walk away … is it going to stop running?

3. I enjoyed reading your blog and appreciate the simplicity and honesty of it! It’s refreshing to hear to good and bad of daily life. Your cookies look delicious!

Thank You Brenda! I think it is important to keep things simple or at least try. Hubby says I have a tendency to make life more difficult than necessary. I don’t like reading super long drawn out blog posts. I try to keep my posts engaging and efficient to read.

4. Jersey Lady says:

Neato about your cookie idea. My mom makes some that have thin chocolate mints wrapped in dough. Oh yum! Sorry for your potty troubles. Our sympathy about the funeral. Have a good day.

5. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says:

I’m glad the bread eventually worked – I always worry about that when I start making something with yeast. These cookies look awesome, love the Rolos! Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday today!

Glad you had bread baking success! :)
    Love your Rolo cookies, what a neat idea!
    Hope you get that annoying toilet straightened out.

7. Kristin says:

I always have trouble with yeast too. The cookies look yummy though! :)

8. emily says:

Those cookies sound delicious! I’ve never made my own bread, but I have family that does and it is usually pretty delicious, makes me think to start trying, but I have yet to do so.

9. Miz Helen says:

Hi Robyn,
    Your post always brings a smile to my face and joy in my heart. Your Rollo Cookies are just a bonus! Thank you so much for sharing with our 1st Anniversary Party at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

Thank You Miz Helen. I am glad I can make you smile with joy! Thank You so much for making my day! I am working on citrus recipes for next week.

10. Thanks for linking this to Foodie Friday. My hubby is a sucker for caramel and ROLOS are a fave.

As for your toilet, I just happen to be a pro because our toilets ALWAYS need repair. Sounds like the flapper needs to be replaced. It’s an easy repair. I do it myself. You can find the part at Lowes or Home Depot. Just match the brand of your toilet. If it is not the flapper, you chain might be getting kinks in it. Check that first. ;)

Penny
      Hope you and your Hubby enjoy the Rolo Cookies. I will have to further investigate the toilet. Thanks for the insight.

I appreciate you looking at the recipe I posted and leaving a comment.