My First Scavenger Hunt

I follow a few bloggers that participate in Scavenger Hunt Sunday at Ramblings and Photos.  I have seen the linky party for a while and thought it looked like fun.  I decided to give it a try too.  Here is what I found on my first Scavenger Hunt …

Worn dirt paths are the sidewalks we use in our rural area.  Growing up we walked down a minimum maintenance road similar to this one.  Many times we were seen leading show lambs.

J and I both come from a family heritage of raising cattle.  I find it very inspiring to carry on a traditional family business and way of life.

I am inspired by the cattle we raise.  Our yearlings harvest the grass that we grow on our ranch.  Later, they turn into healthy and nurshing meat for our bodies.  Our families contribute to producing a safe world supply of beef.

Spring is my favorite time of the year!  New life, buds, blossoms and flowers.  Opening the windows on a warm breezy afternoon and hanging clothes on the line are some of my favorite things.

I got a close up as one of the hens was dusting herself.

Coming home from work I shot a picture of the driveway in my rear view mirror.  There is comfort in returning to a happy home at the end of a day in town.

How was your weekend?

25 Responses to My First Scavenger Hunt

1. heather says:

Welcome to the hunt!! Great shots. I love your interpretation of sidewalks!

2. Ashley Sisk says:

I love all the colors in your first shot – beautiful.

Thank You Ashley. To be honest, I think all that pretty purple is weeds. I thought it was neat how they covered the dirt road.

3. Kari says:

Love the idea, random pictures are the best! I also love the purple dirt road! I am going city camping with the boys this weekend while Laina goes shopping with her great aunt. Mike is going Turkey Hunting in Chamberlin. Our motto this weekend is “divide and conquer”

4. Stephanie says:

Your first shot is stunning. They are all lovely.

Thank you so much, Stephanie! I see so many photo bloggers with stunning pictures and it makes me feel good that someone thinks I can take a photo like that too.

5. Erica Beck says:

Awesome photos! I also love those dirt path sidewalks. And the cattle. And spring flowers. I’d say we’re pretty near the same person except for the fact that I don’t like chickens!

Yeah for blogging and making new connections. As they say “I love my computer because all my friends live there.” lol!

6. DebC says:

Great job on the Scavenger Hunt;
    I’ve never been “brave” enough to try it.
    Since I love paths and roads,
    your first and last shots are the ones I’m drawn to.
    Thanks!

Thanks for the nice comment, Deb. I had the same thought about starting the Hunt, but decided it was time to take the leap. Last night I took a little walk around the ranch looking for next week’s prompts. It was fun and challenging in a creative way.

I encourage you to give it a try. You might enjoy it too.

7. HI Carter says:

These are such a wonderful set of pictures! There is something peaceful and nice about them all:-)

Thank You Heidi. We may be hectic busy right now, but there is peacefulness all around us. Sometimes we just need to stop and take a picture of it. Thanks for stopping in!

I love the first and the last photos the best. Glad you had fun on your scavenger photo hunt.

9. Great Photos!!! Love the path with the purple flowers and the rear view mirror! What a fun idea!

10. Chrystal says:

Great photos. I love them all. Especially the cows.

11. I so enjoyed your collection of rural life, Robyn. Especially the cattle. I know how much work it takes to live the life you do — and I admire you for it. xoxo

Weeds or not, I love the purple “sidewalk” too! 🙂
    Great interpretations of the Scavenger Hunt prompts!

13. LindaG says:

Interesting post, Robyn. Great photos! :o)

14. welcome to the hunt. it’s sure fun & i hope you’ll give it another try. i love your sidewalk shot… so pretty with those purple flowers lining the path.

15. Love your shot! Sorry I didn’t get to see your post last week. I’ve been really ill (now finally diagnosed with Whooping Cough) and have had a rough week. Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #30.