Miss P’s Other Charming Barn

Miss P has a farm a few miles north of her place and her son lives here.  She didn’t know a lot about the barn.  P did give me the name of the previous owner, but I didn’t get her called.  So, we will talk about fire.

It continues to be HOT and dry with no relief in the 7 day forecast.  The fire siren in town went off several days last week and yesterday too.  Last week, the Firemen were called out 4 different times in one day.

Sunday evening there was a fire south of us; actually 3 small fires.  Our rural Fire Departments are made up of area Ranchers.  Neighbors who volunteer their time to help when fire strikes.  J is on the PC Fire Department and has an old Flatbed Dodge Pickup with a 300-350 gallon water tank on it.  A lot of people have similar fire units in our area.

A prairie fire brings people “out of the woodworks.”  Small or large they are dangerous and destructive natural disasters.  They take on a life and personality all their own.  May we continue to pray for those in Colorado and remember that fires can pop up close to home too.

If you know a good rain dance, that is sure to work, let me know!

Linking Up With:

Barn Charm #92 at Bluff Area Daily

7 Responses to Miss P’s Other Charming Barn

1. Beth - VA says:

i guess the firemen enjoy the fires. or the excitement i should say. but it would scare me. we so need some rain around here. lots of wind this past weekend. lots without power & lots of other issues. stay cool. such a great barn. really enjoy the 1st shot. take care. (:

2. Judy says:

Great barn! I know what you mean that fires could pop up. We are on a burn restriction here. This morning we did get some rain but it’s not enough to get us out of the danger.

3. Jeannelle says:

Good shots for Barn Charm. Its dry here in Iowa, too, but we don’t get wildfires like out West.

4. this is a gorgeous red barn! It’s very hot and dry here in Missouri and if I knew a rain dance that would work…I’d be dancing up a storm! Well, not a severe storm…don’t want that!

5. Tricia says:

I’m worried about fires, esp in this dry weather we’re having… it rained here just a tiny bit this morning, but we need sooo much more! I pray for rain for everyone that needs it & for the safety of all involved

Beautiful, clean barn! Thanks so much for joining =)

Thanks for all the nice comments on this barn!

J and I went to the Big City yesterday. We stopped and ate in Motorcycle City on the way home. By supper time the air was a fog of smoke and it was lightly “raining” ash. Not sure what fire the smoke and ash came from, New Castle, Wyoming or Hot Springs, South Dakota. Either way it is scary.

That is a beautiful barn!
    We are hoping for rain here this afternoon but, so far, nothing. 🙁