Leap Into Spring ~ Rain and Water

Rain and Water are an important aspect of Ranch and Farm life as we Leap Into Spring.  Rain sustains pasture and crop life.  Rain fall and water run-off fill the summer pasture dams that water our livestock.

I love going to the feed store and drinking coffee and talking about how much rain we need.
Thomas Haden Church

I’m glad I don’t have to make a living farming. Too much hard work. Too many variables you don’t have control over, like, is it going to rain? All I can say is, god bless the real farmers out there. Fuzzy Zoeller

Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots. Frank Howard Clark

Water, air, and cleanness are the chief articles in my pharmacy.   Napoleon Bonaparte

And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.  Gilbert K. Chesterton

Linking Up With:

Leap Into Spring Photo Challenge

A Rural Jouranal #14 at A Rural Journal and Two Bears Farms

Foto Friday #43 at Photograph Life

Farmgirl Friday #55 at Deborah Jean’s Dandelion House and White Wolf Summit Farmgirl

Friday Fences #30 at Life According to Jan and Jer

14 Responses to Leap Into Spring ~ Rain and Water

1. Erica Beck says:

Ah yes, rain and weather. We are getting plenty of rain this spring. Not sure how much since a steer blew through the fence and broke the post I had my rain gauge on! Hoping it settles down so everyone can get in the field up here.

Erica
      When it quit raining late last summer, it shut off! We had a little snow over the winter and a half inch of rain about 2 weeks ago. Of course the hurricane like winds don’t help the situation either. It has been rainy all day.

Hope you get in the field and sunshine soon.

2. Farming and ranching are not for the faint of heart! Great post! 🙂

3. alicia says:

I can’t imagine relying on the rain for my livelihood. Always nice to hear your ranch life perspectives. Thanks for sharing your pics and joining our Leap into Spring Challenge!

Thank You, Alicia. The weather is a huge factor in our livelihood. The other thing that is interesting is that each ranch and farm has a unique environment. What works on our ranch may not work for the neighbor 2 miles away. The way we do things at home is very different than how my family in Nebraska ranches. At the same time we are all in the same business, producing a similar end product!

City folk complain about the rain, rural folk welcome and embrace it! 🙂

5. Love the quotes and your pretty prairie photos, Robyn. Thank you for sharing at Rural Thursday this week. xoxo

6. LindaG says:

Wonderful post. Have a great weekend! :o)

7. Judy says:

I am glad I enlarged your photos, esp the one of the sun streaming through the grass. I would have missed the water droplets, otherwise!! I love the photo of the cows and the geese!

8. Lori says:

I hear lots of farming stories when my fiance’s family are together. They don’t have the farm anymore, its been sold. The kids didn’t want it. But the stories are great. I could listen all day!

Thanks for sharing with Foto Friday,
    Lori

9. Janis says:

Rain is so important to the farmers and nature itself! We could use some in our neck of the woods! Nice pics!