Leap Into Spring ~ Green

Today we are going to Leap Into Spring  with pictures of green and grass.

Each blade of grass has its spot on earth whence it draws its life, its strength; and so is man rooted to the land from which he draws his faith together with his life.  Joseph Conrad

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.  Helen Keller

Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart.  Russell Page

Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.   Pedro Calderon de la Barca

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill, Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.   Rupert Brooke

Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence. Hal Borland

Linking Up With

Foto Friday #44 at Photograph Life
Farm Photo Friday at Fresh From the Farm
Farm Fresh Friday at Sall’s Country Life

16 Responses to Leap Into Spring ~ Green

I always love the quotes you put with your pictures! Great “greens” today! 🙂

2. Laura says:

Such lovely photos of spring green–I’ll have to live vicariously through them since the desert is still rather brown, even in the spring! 😀

Laura and Beth
      It is brown, but if you look under the tall grass it is green! We got 80 hundreth of rain last night. With a little warmth we will be green soon.

3. Lisa Sall says:

Hey South Dakota Girl! This is an awesome post! Love those quotes!
    Glad to have you on board for Farm Fresh Friday! I’ll be adding you to my reader list so I can come back and visit ya! Have a great Friday!

4. Teresa says:

Beautiful greens! I love the way rhubarb looks when it is first coming up.

Teresa, I took some rhubarb leaf pictures a month ago and didn’t like them. Even after editing. The one I posted has so much character with the stalks and bigger leaves. I like the contrast of the dark and light leaves.

5. No wonder green is my favourite colour.

Crafty Gardener
      Thank You for stopping in. I visited your blog and love you tulip pictures! Stunning. I have seen very few tulips and iris in bloom around here. The lilacs just started blooming a few days ago.

6. Such interesting greens you found! Well done 😉

7. Lori says:

Yes I agree, you do find the beat quotes to accommodate your photos. Nice!

Thanks for sharing with Foto Friday,
    Lori

8. I’m in love with that first quote! Thanks so much for joining us in the Leap Into Spring Photo Challenge. I’m still playing catch-up and commenting on last week’s entries. Forgive me for being late! If you haven’t already entered our finale giveaway, don’t forget to do so! Have a great day. 🙂