Las Vegas Scaventer Hunt

I filled this week’s Scaventer Hunt prompts with pictures from Las Vegas!

Vegas is all about lights, bling and sparkles!  Christmas decor adds more sparkly cheer.  This tree was greeting guests in the door of a candy shop.

These Polar Bears have a red ribbon on around their necks.  They are sitting in front of rows of red flowers and rows of white flowers.  Kind of like candy cane stripes!  It makes me laugh to see winter decorations amongst tropical plants.

A Few Favorite Things… Lonesome Dove!  We are Lonesome Dove fans in my family, especially Sister.  We love the movie, the book and the book series.  Sister, J and I have read all four books in the series.  I can not count the number of times I have seen this movie and I still cry every time Gus dies … every time.

There was a booth at one of the Christmas Fairs that had a lot of Lonesome Dove stuff.

Las Vegas is full of shimmering lights, shiny money, and glittery decorations.  Many shop entrances are bejeweled with stripes of ribbons, garland, and streamers.  Pretty colors, glitter and Lonesome Dove are some of my favorites.

Linking Up With:

Scavenger Hunt Sunday at Ramblings and Photos

Weekly Top Shot #61 at The View From Right Here

18 Responses to Las Vegas Scaventer Hunt

1. It looks like you had a very sparkly time in Las Vegas. I have always wanted to go and visit. FUN!

Wow Vegas sure is pretty:) B

3. Bridget D. says:

Looks like Vegas was a lot of fun! I have only been there once about 10 years ago. I enjoyed this post, especially the part about a few of your favorite things… Lonesome Dove. I have read all four books, too, but Lonesome Dove is my all time favorite book. Ever.

Love that tree in the candy store!
    We are big fans of Lonesome Dove too! Jerry even made a wood burned sign for his shop that reads “We Don’t Rent Pigs!” 😉

5. Tamar says:

These are so great!

6. I nice set. I like how you grouped things into collages. Especially enjoyed the sparkly one.

7. Amy says:

Great photos! It sounds like you had a great time in Vegas. Love the polar bears! 🙂

8. Love this series of shots… the collages are wonderful, those Polar bears are sweet… Lonesome Dove, I’ve never seen the movie or read the books.. is it that good?! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #61!

9. Looks like you had some fun in Las Vegas. That candy shop with all those holiday decorations is adorable. Love those polar bears too. I have not read the Lonesome Dove books but I did watch the series on TV.

Deanna, You must read the book or watch the movie. The TV series is unrelated to the Larry McMurtry Lonesome Dove. To be honest Larry McMurtry writes across many genres. He is a very entertaining author. Some of his characters are hilarious.

10. Teresa says:

It would be so much fun to visit Vegas while it’s all decorated for the season! Great captures.

11. emily says:

I couldn’t imagine the holidays in warm weather…it’s sounds very appealing, but I think ultimately it would be a little weird.

12. Pat says: