I Believe in the Little Things

Last Friday’s Winter Storm turned out to be wind, cold and a few flurries.  Saturday, we had continued wind and cold.  The rancher got lots of paperwork done in the house.  I got caught up on a bit of skirt work and did some baking.  Today warmed to the low teens and the wind died down to a breeze.

Living on the prairie we get to see and experience a lot of the outside.  I took this picture on our way to the Big City last week.  J doesn’t know why it’s called “Sheep Mountain,” but always has been.

Jan 13

This cow looks over the backside of her peers eating hay.  She looks up and wonders what the crazy camera lady is doing.

Jan 13I honestly believe in the “Little Things” that make our lives bountiful.  Molly is a constant reminder of living simply and enjoying little things … a nice walk outside, laying in front of a warm fire, taking an afternoon nap, love and the joy of an occasional table scrap.

Jan 13

A Cup of … Coffee to start the day!  I didn’t take a picture of my coffee mug, but rest assured it is well used.

Taking in the beauty around me causes me to stop and reflect about all I have been blessed with.  I am lucky to have wonderful people in my life that love and support me.  I am blessed that all my basic needs of safe, healthy food, clean water, clothing, shelter and transportation are abundantly met.  I have learned and grown from the variety of life experiences I have lived through.  I look forward to the experiences I have yet to live and the wisdom I will hopefully gain.

Jan 13

Arthur Conan Doyle says “It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.”  Little things like enjoying the great outdoors and realizing the fact that you have many blessings.  Reflect on the big things like standing behind your core beliefs or being there for your family and friends.  Big or little may your cup runneth over.

Linking Up With:

Scavenger Hunt Sunday with Ashley at Ramblings and Photos

Teresa from Eden Hills’s Blog came up with this week’s prompts.

Weekly Top Shot #65 with Madge at The View From Right Here

23 Responses to I Believe in the Little Things

1. Tim Keen says:

It has been nearly forty years since I was in your beautiful state. Dad was stationed there in the last sixties as a member of the Air Force. We came there on vacation in 1975. Dad and I are looking forward to coming back there again, maybe this summer.

Great picture.

Tim

Thanks for the comment, Tim! Glad you enjoyed your time in South Dakota and look forward to visiting our beautiful State again.

2. Jeannelle says:

Good thoughts and photos!

3. Bonnie says:

I agree, our ‘big blizzard’ was a lot of hype. I guess better safe than sorry. I enjoy your photos and stories.

4. Great shots. I miss the mountains.

5. LindaG says:

Great photos and a good post.
    Have a Wonderful week!

6. Nicki says:

Love that last shot!

7. I so appreciate your statements of thankfulness! And that last image in your post would make a fabulous book cover!

8. Gina says:

You certainly have some beauty around you. Love the first & last shots with those amazing views!

9. Peter B says:

Beautiful shot of the Sheep Mountains!!

Beautiful Robyn. B

What a fun edit of the picture of Molly! I always enjoy seeing what everyone comes up with for Scavenger Hunt Sunday. 🙂

12. heather says:

What a gorgeous outside shot! It’s fun seeing everyone’s surroundings!! Coffee is my fave too!

13. I know you recognize your blessings, it comes thru loud and clear in your writing as well as your images.

14. Rondi says:

Thank you for the sheep mountain picture. We drove up up a couple years ago while staying at a B&B ranch near there. I read a history on a widow who lived up there with her small children ranching…quite a story! We raise sheep and farm on the east side of the great state of SD! I like your blog and plan on trying your spaghetti sauce today. My husband like yours is very particular about it so we’ll see!

Rondi, Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment! Glad to hear from a South Daktoa Ranch Wife. Hope the spaghetti sauce works for you.

15. LOVE the cow photo! It needs to be on a canvas about my fireplace!

16. LOVE it! I’m so glad you came by to share on Weekly Top Shot #65!