Highlights From This Week

Here is what I have been up to this week:

1.  This is National Ag Week and Tuesady was National Ag Day.  Thank You to Producers, Researchers, Industry and Association Leaders, University Ag Program Educators, Government Agencies, Policy Makers and Ag-vocates for all you do to make Agriculture what it is today.

2.  We have 2 First Calf Heifers left to calve!

March 21

3.  I made The Pioneer Woman’s Tres Leches Cake for J’s Township Meeting.

4.  I also made Meaty Cornbread Casserole from The Farmer’s Wife.

March 21

5.  J and I did some fence fixing on Tuesday afternoon.  I got to pull a few steel posts (with the help of a post puller) and show J my muscles.  Wednesday we worked on building a temporary electric fence to extend the calving pasture.

We have had a busy week.  It’s been good to get a few projects done, even if we had to work in the crisp March wind.  My muscles are sore, but I feel very blessed to be able to put in a good day’s work.  It’s a great feeling to finishing projects then look back and see what we accomplished.

What are some highlight from your week?

17 Responses to Highlights From This Week

1. Sandra says:

On Monday we scheduled sheep shearing for Saturday. We have spent the rest of the week wondering where the warmer weather is! Suppose to be 40’s Saturday, I hope so. Right now it is too cold for the ladies to lose their “coats”
    We also medicated goats, one of my least favorite things to do. They are big babies 😉

have a nice weekend!!

Well I have no doubt you have amazing muscles I know of no farm woman who is wimpy:)
    It has been busy here as well but My Hero brought me a gift of a cold so I have been dragging a bit. Still found the strength to hike in the bush but not much else. Have a nice time the rest of the week Robyn. Hug B

Lovely flowers Robyn! The tired that comes from good, honest work is the best kind of tired there is! 🙂

4. Nancy says:

There is something so special about working outside on a project and completing it — feeling tired afterwords. Good for you my rural friend! xo

5. The Tres Leches cake sounds pretty tasty. I bet it went over well.

6. Maggid says:

LOVE this post – thank you. When i was a kid – I was raised by many people – one of them was my Aunt Bernice (and Uncle Joe) – they lived on a farm in rural California – those were good/great/grand days – your sharing gave that back to me in an instant. yep – sounds like you “get out there and get it done” in a beautiful, healthy way –
    This Friday 5 Morning – you have given me some Joy.
    thanks alot,
    -g-

7. Linda R says:

Sounds like you had a busy week. Your photos look so pretty. I enjoyed my visit here on your blog.

Hugs~

8. Beth says:

need to check out those recipes. you are very busy lady. enjoy your weekend. ( :

9. Marie-AZ says:

You are one busy gal! Loved your photos too!

10. Tina Barbour says:

I enjoyed your Random 5. You certainly did some hard work this week! I love the feeling of accomplishment after finishing a project, too. And physical work is especially satisfying, I think. I grew up on a farm, but I don’t think I could make it today!

11. Bonnie says:

I don’t comment often, but I read every post. I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award as I so enjoy your blog. Have a great weekend.

12. Karen says:

You had a busy week! The flowers are beautiful, and I love the quote about too much of a good thing – it made me smile 🙂

13. Bridget D. says:

You have so many wonderful flowers!

• Bridget D. says:

Mara made the last comment. She likes looking through the pictures on your blog! She loves all the baby calves – and the flowers 🙂