It’s been an exciting busy week. Here are a few of my favorite moments:
1. Getting cattle out to grass! This morning we are headed out to move the last pair group out to pasture. The yearlings will get turned out soon.
2. J got the corn planted. I’m the gate opener and helped J fill fertilizer boxes.
3. Roy was home to help brand the last group of calves and take pairs to summer grass. Roy is Cousin T’s son and just graduated from Tech School as a John Deere Mechanic.
4. Everyday is a little more spring like. Sunshine and low 70’s makes me smile. I see a few blooms on the prairie and the trees are starting to bud. B and I mowed again yesterday; this time I didn’t need cool weather attire.
5. I am reading The Goldfinch: A Novel by Donna Tartt.
I hope your week is going well and you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.