For Random 5 Friday I have a few more shots from the State Fair.
1. Here is a picture of WEG and my Mom discussing sheep. The friends one makes while showing livestock are bonds that last forever. WEG and his Sister showed cattle in 4-H the same time Mom did.
2. Showing livestock is also about family. Working together caring and showing livestock is a wonderful family project. These two young ones belong to the Daughter of my Mom’s First Cousin.
3. Showing livestock teaches one life long skills. We give our animals the best possible care, nutrition, and shelter. Attending fairs is one way to see what other breeders are raising, discuss industry issues and promote our livestock.
Mom took pictures of me diligently working on the ewes.
4. It’s fun to look at all the different breeds of sheep and to see what people are showing. I enjoy looking at, evaluating and talking about livestock.
5. Sheep breeders are a close group. Many breeders take a lot of sheep to a show and help each other in the ring. I am helping ashow Babydoll Southdowns.
J and I are headed out to meet Cousin T and his son to precondition calves this morning. We have a few days of fall cattle work ahead of us.
Linking Up With:
with Nancy at