Friday Fences ~ Corner Posts

Here are more pictures from chores last weekend.

Fences hold in the yearlings as J and his Dad feed in the morning.  I took several pictures and found the cattle’s expressions different and entertaining in each.  Yearlings are curious, snoopy animals that do silly (sometimes dumb) things.  They just can’t help themselves.

As I was waiting between feedwagon loads, I looked around for neat things to take still life pictures of.

Here are some fence line corner posts.

Curious or bored cattle chewed on the bridge plank fence until it broke.  Exposing the nails that held it up.

This weekend I intend to help with chores (camera in hand), do some baking and enjoy the nice weather.  Maybe even open up the windows and hang laundry on the clothes line!

What are your weekend plans?

41 Responses to Friday Fences ~ Corner Posts

1. Tanya says:

look at all those cuties waiting patiently for their meal!

2. Kari says:

Hey, that is what my kids look like waiting for a meal 🙂 Cute indeed! Wish I could hang laundry out, sounds like that kind of weather is headed our way here in Hitchcock, SD. Cleaning windows is on my chore list as soon as the mud allows me to place a ladder on it! Have a great weekend all and God Bless

If you like cleaning windows you should have said something when you were visiting! lol!
      Miss B had sheets on the line yesterday. Today is windy, but nothing to bad. No coat needed this afternoon.

3. LindaG says:

We’re going to see John Carter, Man from Mars, or however the title goes.

Good luck with your fencing!

4. wish you well with your hard work. that it will go smoothly & not to many issues. (:

Love all that weathered wood and the knothole! 🙂
    No laundry on the line here for the next day or so…it would end up in New Mexico!! Yikes!!

I like the knothole too!
      Do you get a lot of wind? We tend to be surprised when the wind in NOT blowing around here.

6. Tayet says:

Thanks for linking up! I love the picture with all the cows lined up along the fence, they look like they want some food!

7. Rose says:

I really like that first shot…but like all the others, too…just in a different way.

8. Very good compositions.

Regards and best wishes

9. Janis says:

Wow thats a lot of cattle to hold back…hope the fence is strong!

10. Lisa H says:

Great pictures. Have a wonderful weekend! Keep up the blog, I always read it.

11. DebC says:

I love the photo of the yearlings at the fence.
    The others, too…but those faces draw me in.

12. Emily says:

I love the detail of the wires. Thank you for sharing!

13. Love photos like this, there is something so visceral about fence posts and barbed wire. Great shots!

14. Wow…it wouldn’t take much for that fence to go underfoot with all that beef leaning against it! 😉

Cattle can be trained; it just takes a few days. They come in pretty easy, as they know feeding time is in the morning. The yearlings don’t usually cause trouble when we are around. But, they DO find mischief when we turn our backs for a moment.

15. Mama Zen says:

Oh, I just love these!

16. Rainfield says:

That’s rare we can help with the chore with a camera on hand.

We may end up hanging the camera instead of clothes.

**Grin*

Wish you a happy Sunday and never find your camera on the line.

Miss Rainfield
      It can be a challenge doing chores with a camera hanging off my shoulder. I have to have good timing as I am “working.” Wouldn’t want the Hubby thinking I am goofing off on the job!

Thanks for stopping in at my blog!

17. Saun says:

love that first shot!

18. Kari Sanders says:

I did hang clothes on the line. It has been great spending so much time outside.

19. genie says:

LOVE your post. I am always photographing what I call the “mundane”…those odds and ends that do such hard jobs but get lost in the rush of life. All of your shots of the fencing and its parts are super. I like all of them. Keep up the good work. genie

20. That’s alot of yearlings, Robyn! Must keep your hubby busy.

Really like the fencepost shots. Lots of character and natural texture. Thanks for sharing at Your Sunday Best. 🙂

Yes, Nancy, cattle keep the Hubby very busy!
      Thanks for the natural texture compliment. I was going for character!

21. Fencing… what would a farm or ranch be without it? Love the texture you captured… I love old wood and barbwire… I’m so glad you decided to join us and share at Weekly Top Shot 🙂 I hope you’ll come share again…

22. Pat says:

I love the shot of the yearlings!

23. emily says:

Great shots! We were finally able to open up some windows in our house today…and it was GREAT!

Emily – Glad to hear you are home and everyone is doing well!
      It is always nice to open up the windows and air out the old of winter.

24. Corner posts have a certain quirky character!

Fence Song

25. It always seems everyone takes neat photos of posts, wire, etc.. When I take them it just looks like wire & wood! *sigh* I appreciated all of your photos here; however, I would be concerned about those yearlings. Ours would get pushing and tear it apart – creating more work.

I had hoped to take photos this weekend, but when I left the house with the camera I ended up helping with the cattle. I rarely take photos while we work cattle cuz everyone looks at me like I should be working not playing!!

Annette, I saw your post, but can’t comment on your blog. Don’t feel bad I run into the same problem trying to “multi-task” during cattle work. Sometimes it’s just safer to put the camera down and try again another day.

Glad you had a nice visit with your mother-in-law and calving is going good.