Fresh Corn and Pasta Salad

Time for July’s edition of the The Improve Cooking Challenge .  This month’s ingredients are corn and butter.

I am originally from Nebraska, the Cornhusker State.  We like football, grow a lot of field corn, eat corn-fed beef and love the taste of sweet corn.

During the hot humid summer’s Mom and I put up a lot of sweet corn.  It was a big job and we enjoyed the fruit of our labor well into the winter.

We ate a few meals made up of sweet corn and sweet corn only.  OK, we had butter, salt and pepper too.

Today I am sharing a simple way to enjoy a little sweet corn during the summer heat.

Prepare 1 Cup of macaroni noodles and let them cool completely.

Brush 3 cleaned ears of corn with melted butter.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill until warmed.  Let the corn cool and cut off the cob.  Your finger tips will thank me later.

Cut up vegetables of your choice.  If I had garden produce, I would use it in this salad.  I cut up cauliflower, carrots, broccoli and tomatoes that I purchased from the store.

Mix pasta, corn and vegetables together in a bowl.  Season to your preference with Italian Salad Dressing.

This easy recipe will not heat up the house, tastes great and is easy to share.  Enjoy!

15 Responses to Fresh Corn and Pasta Salad

1. Michelle says:

YUM….that not heating up the oven caught my attention with this heat! How do you keep the coon’s out? We didn’t even plant corn this year because we have such a problem with them. Even w/o corn D has been up at least three nights a week to take care of them!

Michelle, I didn’t raise the sweet corn. I have a long way to go before thinking I can raise it. Good Luck with your raccoon problem.

2. I am always a fan of a giant pile of veggies! Looks great. 🙂

3. Kristen says:

What a hearty salad. Those veggies look so appetizing!!

4. I enjoy both corn and pasta salad. Your recipe looks really tasty. 🙂 Thanks for all the other links too.

5. Melody♪♫ says:

mmmmmmmmmm — always love a good summer salad!

6. Can’t go wrong with a bowl full of pasta and fresh fresh produce. I have, too, made a meal out of just fresh corn in the cob in the summer. Thanks for sharing!

7. Love this pasta salad! It’s so colourful and I like that you leave the vegetables fresh.

That looks really good Robyn, with the added bonus of not heating up the house! 🙂
    P.S. I love your serving dish too!

With temps in the upper 90’s and 100 I haven’t been out much or cooking a lot. I am starting to go through withdrawal. At least on the weekends I can get up early and bake before it gets too hot.

The bowls came from Sister as hand me downs! A real score.

9. Love this easy salad….your corn looks beautiful and I love that this salad has pasta in it as well! A great summer side! : )

10. Kate | Food Babbles says:

Ooo! I love the sounds of this. What a fresh pasta salad! Perfect for a summer bbq. Lovely!

11. Lisa~~ says:

Super simple and totally delicious looking.

If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my Improv Cooking Challenge entry: Fritos Crusted Pollock.

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

12. claire says:

Yummy this looks so tasty 🙂