Flowers and Ranch Life

The Nurture Photo Challenge ~ Spring 2013 is hosted by Alicia, at Project Alicia, Kristi, at Live and Love Out Loud, and Rebecca, at Bumbles and Light.  These ladies have come up with Spring photo prompts for the next six weeks and a finale to wrap up week seven.

This week’s prompt is Yellow or Easter.

I am going to attempt to incorporate Random 5 Friday with the Photo Challenge.  Wish my creativity luck!

1.  I took lots of pictures of my Birthday Flowers.  I told the Hubby flowers are a great gift and perfect for timeless photos.

April 4

2.  Daisy’s are one of my favorite flowers!  They were also my Mom’s flower of choice for her Wedding.

April 4

3.  One can not celebrate Easter without eggs and eggs come from chickens.  These white hens lay white eggs, while my black hens lay brown eggs.

April 4

4. To me, nothing says spring like new life.  Baby calves are the first sight of new life on our Ranch.  Spring like temperatures and new plant life come a month or two later.

We use yellow tags to identify the cattle.

April 4

5.  With Easter being early this year it kind of snuck up on me.  I did have my Easter decor out early, but didn’t do any Easter type cooking or baking.  I kind of missed it.

In other news: the cows are very busy having calves and we are farming.

20 Responses to Flowers and Ranch Life

1. Cindy P says:

What adorable little farm animals! I love driving by the farms around here at spring time and seeing all the new baby animals!

Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend, Robyn!

2. Lea says:

Happy Friday!
    Daisies are such pretty flowers!
    Have a wonderful week-end!
    Lea
    Lea’s Menagerie

3. Maggid says:

Terrific photo of chickens and that calf has stories in its eyes, don’t you think? Thank you for another terrific five!
    -g-

4. the little calf looks cute!

5. Sarah Halstead (@InTheMomentWith) says:

So beautiful. Love the flowers and that last one!! Adorable!

6. Happy belated birthday!
    That calf face is too precious.
    And I feel a great relief that finally someone else commented on Easter sneaking up on them this year.
    We boiled our eggs, but ran out of time & didn’t get them colored in time for Easter. So that’s what I did with my Thursday evening last night, instead, with my three youngest kids. Better late than never, right? They love hard boiled eggs.

7. I enjoyed learning about your ranch and the life there. I’d love to see your baby calves.

8. That calf is photogenic!

9. Karen says:

The daisies do make for great photos to keep – they’re so cheerful. The calf is adorable! Have a great weekend!

10. Nina says:

The flowers are so pretty – Happy Birthday!
    I loke so much the Pictures of your calves and cows … there’s a peaceful atmosphere over them 🙂
    Enjoy the weekend,
    Nina

11. Teresa says:

You did a much better job with the yellow/Easter theme than I did. It’s not a big holiday for me. I agree that spring means babies!

12. See that sweet little calf and the chickens sure made me homesick for my grandparent’s farm – and the joys of summer days spent there in my childhood. Thanks for a ride in the “way-back machine”!!

13. Nancy says:

Oh, the flowers are lovely — I do adore daisies. And that little calf face is too cute. 🙂

Thanks so much for sharing at R5F this week, Robyn. xo

14. Beth says:

i love, love, love daisies. so beautiful!! ( :

15. Yay! I love seeing what’s going on on the ranch! Looks like there’s lot of new life popping up around there. Love your hens!

Thanks so much for joining us in the Nurture Photography Challenge, Robyn. Next week we’ll be sharing photos inspired by our new prompt: Turquoise/Splash. Can’t wait to see what you come up with! Have a great weekend. 🙂

16. Such great pictures. What a cute calf!

17. alicia says:

Happy Belated! I also love daisies and you captured them beautifully. Love to see spring popping up everywhere. Thanks so much for joining our spring challenge! 🙂

18. noelle d says:

love the photos…
    daisies were our flowers for our wedding, so i will always love them 🙂

19. Kimberly says:

Daisy is my favourite flower so I’m loving those shots. And I love the cow with the hint of yellow in the corner.

20. Laurie says:

You are correct, flowers are a lovely subject to photograph. Your are lovely.