Farmgirl Brenda’s Banana Split Bunt Cake

I came up short with March and April’s Improve Cooking Challenge ingredients.  I tried some recipes and … well lets just say I tried.  Then I lost motivation and ran out of time.  But, I’m back and I have a wonderful recipe to share for May!   The Improve Cooking Challenge ingredients are strawberries and cream!

Brenda blogs at A Farmgirl’s Dabbles.  She’s a South Dakota native that shares many of the farm recipes her Mother and Grandmother taught her.  Brenda takes her family’s food traditions and mingles them to excite the contemporary “foodie” world.  She is a featured member of The Pioneer Woman’s popular Tasty Kitchen website.

I first found Brenda after seeing her recipe for Banana Split Bunt Cake on Pinterest.  After looking around at her blog it took me no time to “like” A Farmgirl’s Dabbles on Facebook.

I basically followed Brenda’s recipe to the letter.  Let me tell you, my house smelled AMAZING while this cake baked.  I let the cake cool and glazed it the next day.  I didn’t get the perfect pretty strawberry ribbon that Brenda did, but I am sure I got the same great flavor.

This banana cake with a strawberry ribbon and chocolate ganache glaze is simply delicious!  Thank You, Brenda!  I look forward to trying more of your traditional farmgirl recipes with a fashionable flare!

Linking Up With:

Sweet Treats Thursday at Something Swanky

Show Case Your Talent Thursday #7 at What’s Cooking Love

Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Creative Thursday #6 at Michelle’s Tasty Creations and Crafty Ideas

Sugar Me Up at Everyday Mom Cakes

Feed Your Soul at Around My Family Table

Be sure to check out what my fellow ICC Cooks had to share:

20 Responses to Farmgirl Brenda’s Banana Split Bunt Cake

1. sara says:

This is a great idea, and looks and sound delicious! I can’t wait to try it! Thanks.

Your cake is absolutely lovely!! How can you go wrong with bananas, strawberries and chocolate! YUM!! 🙂

My mouth is watering. I think chocolate ganache can make anything taste better, but when you’re using it to cover strawberries and bananas and cream in cake form, well, what’s not to love?!

I agree Kim! The person who invented Chocolate Ganache should have a special place in Heaven! Last weekend I make a Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache glaze, WOW!

4. Kristen says:

I can just imagine how incredible that cake was. So many great flavors, my mouth would be throwing a party.

5. Your cake looks gorgeous! Love how you present it with the strawberry slices!

6. Looks yummy! I should try this with the extra strawberries we have!

7. Liz says:

What a delicious cake!!! I love the strawberry ribbon…so pretty!

8. beti says:

it looks simply amazing, the best dessert ever turned into a bundt cake

9. What a great combo of flavors and with the ganache topping!! Yum!
    Great recipe!

10. Kate says:

Chocolate, bananas and strawberries too?!? Count me in! Great recipe.

11. Deanna @ Teaspoon of Spice says:

I’ve never thought to pair strawberries with a banana bread like recipe – looks pretty!

12. Michelle says:

Looks delicious! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. Have a wonderful weekend.

Michelle

13. bakingaddict says:

wow this looks amazing. I love banana and strawberries and bundt cakes always look good to me. I’m bookmarking to try 🙂

14. Alyssa says:

This cake looks great! I love all the flavors, especially the chocolate ganache on top! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday.