Eye in the Sky Scavenger Hunt

I decided to get a little help from my Mom on the rainbow prompt for this week’s Scavenger Hunt.  I don’t have any rainbows in my archives and there was no chance for me to capture one of my own.  I am sharing a picture Mom took, and I edited, of a Nebraska Double Rainbow!

Do big fluffy clouds mean rain?  Sometimes.  Saturday morning we woke up to 3/4th of an inch in the gauge.  Another much needed rain that gives us a sense of cautious optimism.

I went for a little walk around the yard and found a few letters and lots of metal.

The ole one way gets a little use come summer fallow time.

The old haystack mover has not been used for years.  Moving hay with a trailer is much faster and more convenient.

Many trees are planted in shelter belts, as natural tree groves are rare around here.  It takes many years for our treelings to turn into adequate protection.

We turned the replacement heifers into graze the tree strips.  It’s good grazing and a temporary place to get them out of our way until they go to summer pasture.  Don’t let these girls fool you! They may look innocent, but are about to set The Rancher crazy with destroying the fences and getting out!A walk around the yard makes for an evening of enjoying the sights and sounds around me and thinking about forgotten treasures.

18 Responses to Eye in the Sky Scavenger Hunt

1. Janelle says:

Very relaxing!

2. Abi says:

Great set! My favorite has to be your trees! It’s so beautiful, it looks like a painting!

3. Shannon Pate says:

I love them ALL!! It’s hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to, I’d say the trees. Just like the commenter before me, it’s relaxing.

4. Sara says:

The fluffy one is stunning!! Love all of your photos though 🙂

Thanks to your Mom for the rainbow shot. I also love your storm clouds shot. I enjoyed my stroll across the farmyard with you! Have a good day, Robyn!

6. Robyn.. Love that rainbow shot… I opened it up to a large size for a view and it is stunning!

7. Neat to know you have a Nebraska connection… 🙂

Lovely rural shots, Robyn. Reminds me of my home.

8. Love that shot Robyn… thank you for coming over and sharing on Weekly Top Shot #31. 🙂

9. Barb says:

Really great country photos, Robyn. The rainbow and the clouds are beautiful.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Love your Scavenger Hunt photos! That rainbow is gorgeous and the trees really do look like a painting! 🙂

Oh Robyn I love all these shots. I like International that is the kind around here too. You sound like you are a very busy girl, I know the feeling. Love your Mom’s rainbow. B

12. Ashley Sisk says:

What a beautiful set – I love your first shot and trees! Gorgeous.

13. Miranda says:

That double rainbow is absolutely gorgeous! And the colors in your cloud/sky/field picture is beautiful….like a painting.