Don’t Fence Me In

It’s Friday … the weekend is hours away!  I’m not Irish, but Happy St. Patty’s Day to those celebrating the Luck o’ the Irish tomorrow.

Here are a few more yearling pictures from chores last weekend.

Humility is strong, not bold; quiet, not speechless; sure not arrogant. ~ Estelle Smith

Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.

~ Malcolm S. Forbes

Lord where we are wrong, make us willing to change.

Where we are right, make us easy to live with. ~ Peter Marshall

Happy weekend to all!  Do you celebrate St. Patty’s Day?

Linking Up With

Friday Fences #25 at Life According to Jan and Je

Weekly Top Shot #22 at The View From Right Here

Your Sunday Best #8 at A Rural Journal

22 Responses to Don’t Fence Me In

1. i like peter mitchell quote. just lovely. i always wear green on st. patrick’s day. just for fun, don’t want to get pinched. ha. ha!! i know lots of people who drink green beer or eat corn beef & all those goodies… but i just enjoy those pics or stories. great fences. enjoy your week. (:

Beth
      Hope you have a good weekend also! It would be neat so experience a St. Patty’s Day parade and eat an authentic Irish meal. Candy posted a recipe for Irish Soda bread that I want to try soon.

2. Janis says:

Love the quotes…so true! looking at that cow with that barbed wire in it’s mouth makes me twitch a little!

Janis

I didn’t notice the steer had the wire in his mouth until I downloaded the pictures. I thought he was yawning when I took it.

Thanks for hosting Friday Fences; it’s a fun linky!

3. Kim, USA says:

It’s very pretty photos the animals are awesome!

Friday Fences

4. LindaG says:

Don’t celebrate, but I do enjoy looking at your cows.
    Hope you all have a blessed weekend!

Candy and Linda

Hope both of you has a great weekend also! I made brisket on Thursday and am wearing green today; that is about the extent of our St. Patty’s Day Celebration.

We don’t really celebrate, even though we both have the Irish blood a runnin’ through our veins! ;) I do always fix corned beef and cabbage this time of year just because we really like it and the corned beef is available. No green beer though, Blech!

6. faye says:

What breed of cattle are you raising? They seem very curious and I love their soft eyes.

Hi Faye! Thanks for the comment.
      We raise commercial Angus cattle. We have a few cross bred cows, but for the most part Angus. I love the soft eyes of the heifer in the last picture also. She looks like a sweetheart.

7. Great photos and quotes.

Regards and best wishes

8. I always love seeing images of cattle, cows, heifers, etc… they really do have sweet faces. :)

9. Allison says:

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. I love the pictures you have posted, makes me miss our cows…we will have some again someday :)
    Have a wonderful week!
    Allison

10. Pat says:

Sweet cow faces. Black Angus are attractive cattle.

11. When I think about yearling cattle, I remember how wild they were! ;-) Yours certainly look quite calm.

Our yearlings are not wild, but they are curious. When we turn them out to grass we make sure all the fences are “yearling tight.”

12. Saun says:

I just love cows nice shots

Oh I love your cow shots I love to photograph my herd too. They always have something interesting to share. B

14. They are just the cutest… I remember so well taking care of our steers when I was growing up… they became part of the family. Please forgive me my tardiness in visiting your entry in ‘Weekly Top Shot,’ I have been rather under the weather the past few days, although still working. I’m so glad you decided to join us and share at ‘Weekly Top Shot.’ :-) I hope you’ll come share again next week…