Chocolate Chip Reese’s Fudge Bars

The Chocolate and Peanut Butter saga continues.  I saw a pie recipe over at Mandy’s Recipe Box and had to make another chocolate and peanut butter dessert.  My big box of Reese’s minis is almost gone, so I should move on to more springy recipes soon … maybe.

I had half of a batch of cookie dough left over from this recipe and needed to use it up.  Yes, I could have easily baked cookies, but this recipe got to me first.  Mandy’s Reese’s Fudge Pie is the inspiration behind Chocolate Chip Reese’s Fudge Bars.  Try saying that with your mouth full!

For The Cookie Dough Crust:

1 C Butter

½ C Brown Sugar

1-½ C White Sugar

2 Eggs

2-½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract

2-½ C Flour

1 teaspoon Salt

1 teaspoon Baking Soda

1 teaspoon Baking Powder

2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Cream together the butter and sugars using a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Layer half of the cookie dough on the bottom of a prepared 9 X 9-inch baking pan, pressing down to form the bottom of the bars, bake in a 350* oven until light brown.

Reserve the remaining cookie dough to be used to make cookies later in the day.

Fudge:

1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk

3 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

1/4 teaspoon Salt

2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

1 (8 oz) bag Reese’s Minis – I chopped 2 C or about 28 minis

Mix all but the Reese’s Minis in a saucepan and heat over medium low, stirring until melted and smooth. Spread over the cookie dough layer. Press Reese’s Minis into the fudge.

Peanut Butter Mousse:

1 C Creamy Peanut Butter

1 C  Powdered Sugar

8 oz room temperature Cream Cheese

4 oz (half of a container) Cool Whip, thawed

Mix peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar with a hand mixer until creamy.  Fold in the Cool Whip. Spread over the fudge.

For a pretty garnish I used my vegetable peeler to make chocolate shavings from a Hershey’s bar.

I do have a few notes on this recipe.

1.  This is a RICH dessert.  In fact, the next time I make these bars I am going to use half as much fudge layer.  The fudge just got to be too much.

2.  I LOVE the Peanut Butter Mousse!  I could eat it right out of the bowl.

Enjoy!

Cast Party Wednesday #37 at Lady Behind the Curtain

Sweet Treats Thursday at Something Swanky

Kitchen Fun and Crafty #10 at Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons

Sugar Me Up at Everyday Mom Cakes

28 Responses to Chocolate Chip Reese’s Fudge Bars

1. Judy says:

That looks soooooo yummy!!!

These look too good. Since my hubby is not a PB fan, I will have to wait until I have somewhere to take these to make them, so I’m not unduly tempted. Yum!

3. These look incredible! Nice job!

4. Winnie says:

These look amazingly delicious!
    Quite irresistible

5. well that will ruin a diet! 🙂

Elizabeth and Winnie
      Yes, these will ruin a diet or blow blood sugar levels off the charts. But, they are so yummy! Great recovery fuel after a walk or jog.

6. Sheryl says:

Oh My GOSH! I can’t wait to try this recipe! Please come over to Cast Party and share your tasty recipe with us. Thanks, I hope to see you there! —Sheryl—
    p.s. this recipe has been pinned!

Wow, just looking at the pictures makes my teeth hurt! Thanks for this totally decadent recipe! YUM!! 🙂

P.S. Do you bake the cookie layer?

Oh, Candy! I can’t believe I forgot to mention to bake the cookie dough layer at 350* until light brown. I proof read and look over my posts several times before publishing and never noticed that I missed a step. Thanks for asking, I am sure you are not the only one!

9. Robyn!!!! why don’t you live closer to me? We should be sisters or at least close cousins, our love of chocolate and peanut butter could settle wars! This one is over the top and I’ll be trying it soon, very soon.

10. Yes please!! This is exactly what the prego wants!! 🙂 Thanks for sharing on 2 Maids a Baking!!

11. Pingback: Lady Behind the Curtain » Menu and Party Idea Round Up-Cast Party #37

12. Sheryl says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!Your recipe is being featured today at Party Idea and Menu Round Up from Cast Party Wednesday!
    Please go grab a “featured” button.
    Thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
    —Sheryl—

13. Michelle says:

Hi,

I followed you over from Crazy Sweet Tuesday’s Link Party and this fudge looks divine!

I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at http://www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. (Link up until Monday 4-23-12)

Have a great day,
    Michelle

14. Jocelyn says:

Holy deliciousness!!! Oh how I could use a piece of this yumminess tonight! Reeses are my absolute favorite candy!!!! Thank you so much for sharing on Trick or Treat Tuesday:-)

15. Sarah E. says:

Those look mighty delicious! Had to pin them to share them 🙂

Stopping by from last week’s Totally Tasty Tuesday.

16. Pingback: Sugar Me Up | | Everyday Mom CakesEveryday Mom Cakes