Chickens and Black Baldys

I almost never leave the house without my camera.  I am always looking for something “artistic” to photograph.  I did more editing with PicMonkey over the weekend too.  I am addicted.  It is so much fun to see how different settings change and enhance a picture.

Saturday I “disappeared” for a little bit.  I thought I was done with chores and went to gather the eggs.  With camera in hand this 1 minute job took little a while.  My MIA status was noticed as there was a change of plan during chores.

I am doing an entire blog post with edits I did of the hen below.  Be sure to check back tomorrow!

I saw this cow along the driveway late last week.  I like the texture differences between the dried up weeds, old tree and cow.

I helped J cake the yearlings last Thursday and Friday before I left for the town job.  As I was loading the cake feeder this first calf heifer came to the fence wondering where her cake was.

What are some of your favorite things to photograph?  What are some of your favorite edit settings?

9 Responses to Chickens and Black Baldys

I guess I didn’t know you had chickens, too. We didn’t have chickens at our house when we were growing up, but it was quite an event to visit Grandma’s and Grandpa’s and gather eggs. And, once a year, we had to help harvest and process the chickens for the freezer. I like the photo of the black baldy at the fence. Aren’t they curious creatures? I, like you, rarely leave the house without my camera. Sure as I do, I wish I hadn’t.

Yes, Kim, we have a few chickens. J’s Mom has always had a few hens for farm fresh eggs. When we got married I took over the hen house. We LOVE our farm fresh eggs. I like the hens too. They make good photo subjects.

It is frustrating the day you don’t take the camera with you, there is always something unique to photograph when you are empty handed.

I love the edits on the chicken pictures, just perfect! I like the B&W heifer too! 🙂
    I like to photograph scenery and the critters. I really like Pixlr-O-Matic for editing, it’s too, too easy. Just choose a color, then choose a texture, then choose a frame!

3. Heidi says:

I’m embarrassed to admit that I have no idea what PicMonkey is… I am so behind on digital image technology. I DO love every one of your photos. You’re a great photographer. I plan to spend some time learning about a few picture editors soon so I can improve the look of my images and blog, but so far I have been avoiding it. Lol. Thank you so much for linking up to share these wonderful rural images. I look forward to the edited hen post. Have a great day.

Heidi
      Try PicMonkey, it is easy, fun and free. It’s amazing what a little editing can do to a photo.
      Thank You so much for the nice compliment!

4. Debbie says:

I love your photos! I am a photo-holic…I photograph just about everything and annoy just about everyone I know because of it! My favorite, however, is to photo-journal trips my Husband and I take overseas. We went to India this past November, an absolutely spectacular place to photograph. I enjoy photographing animals, too, but they rarely cooperate!

Wow, photo-journal trips sound fun! Photographing animals does take a little more patience, even when they are cooperating. I am glad you enjoy my photos, Thank You Debbie.

5. Tezzie says:

I’m so in love with your cows. Truly gorgeous creatures! That colour photo of the cow is absolutely stunning <3 Fun chicken edits, too…I love playing around with photo editing, too, and it always amazes me what an improvement I'm able to make to average looking phots, turning them into something special!