Buffalo Chicken In The Crock Pot

I hope all  of  you had a wonderful Easter Weekend and Celebration!  J and I hosted Easter Dinner for Cousin T’s family and J’s folks.  We enjoyed a bountiful feast and nice visit.

I challenged myself and made a decorated cake.  I saw the idea the Kraft Food and Family Magazine.

Sister thinks I have too much time on my hands!

~ ~ ~

As I was flipping through the April issue of Family Circle Magazine I saw a recipe for Pulled Buffalo Chicken Sliders.  The title caught my eye for several reasons 1) J and I love Buffalo Chicken, 2) I need to use my crock pot more and 3) We are calving, so easy and flexible meals are important.

I thawed out 4 medium chicken breasts.  I made extra because I knew the leftovers would be just as tasty as the first time.

Next, I sprayed my little crock pot with PAM cooking spray, placed the chicken in the crock pot and seasoned with salt and cracked black pepper.

I mixed 1 C Louisiana Buffalo Wing Sauce with 1/2 C water and poured it over the chicken.

J turned the crock pot on at 2:00.  At 5:30 I shredded the chicken with two forks and returned it to the pot soak up some more wing sauce.  6:00 we ate delicious, simple Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches.

This would be a great start for a couple of other recipes I am eyeing; Buffalo Chicken Pizza and Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole

What are some of your favorite Buffalo Chicken recipes?

Linking Up With

Hunk of Meat Monday at Beyer Beware

Mix It Up Monday at Flour Me With Love

Two Maids a Baking at Two Maids a Milking

Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Kitchen Fun and Crafty #9 at Kithcen Fun with My Three Sons

16 Responses to Buffalo Chicken In The Crock Pot

1. Mindie says:

Looks terrific.

I love your Easter cake. My sisters and I made one like that long ago. I remember it was on a little pamphlet of some sort that had lots of cakes created by cutting the cake into different shapes. It could be a new Easter tradition for you.

3. Buffalo chicken in the crockpot is one of our favorites as well. It’s really good! Your cake is pretty cute too!

4. LindaG says:

That is a great looking cake. :o)

5. Lisa says:

My mom used to make that cake all the time! The chicken looks divine. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

Your Buffalo chicken looks good! My mom had a booklet with all kinds of cakes like your bunny, including a bear, a butterfly and a giraffe. She would make our birthday cakes out of it. I have the booklet now! :)

That sounds like fun, Candy! I don’t think The Ace of Cakes will be calling me anytime soon, but I had fun. Watching The Man from Snowy River didn’t hurt either!

7. Michael Ann says:

Love the bunny cake! I also love my crockpot and am always looking for new recipes to try. This dish looks so tasty!

8. Pat says:

YOU did a great job on that Easter Bunny cake!

9. Wendy says:

This looks delicious! I Would love to have you link up to my 2 carnivals today….http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/2012/04/feed-your-soul-5/ (anything food related) and http://everydaymomcakes.com/sugar-me-up-5/ (deserts only). Hope to see you around!

10. Miz Helen says:

Hi Robyn,
    I just love your little Bunny, he is adorable! Your Buffalo Chicken In The Crock Pot looks delicious, wish my Crock Pot was filled with it right now. Hope you are having a great spring week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

Miz Helen
      This was my first real attempt at a decorated cake. I had a lot of fun.

The chicken is so simple and can be used in a varity of dishes.

11. Country Wife says:

Mmmm, sounds tasty! I know what we’ll be having tonight. I love the slow cooker. Thanks for sharing this!