Nancy at areturned to blogging and hosting . Random 5 Friday was one of my favorite memes as I always enjoyed reading what bloggers came up with for 5 tidbits about their week or life. I’m glad to see Nancy back to blogging and am ready to join in with the random fun.
1. This late summer born kitten sat and watched us sort replacement heifers two weeks ago. When we were done sorting I grabbed my camera and look a few shots. We like to keep a few barn cats around the ranch for mousing.
2. Tuesday J and I took out the old woven wire fence between the calving pasture and the “milk cow pasture”. We left the top barbed wire in place and replaced the woven wire with four strands of new barbed wire. We also set a few extra steel posts for reinforcements. The pesky yearlings are going to have to work really hard to get out now!
3. Yesterday J had a FSA County Committee meeting and it lasted most of the day. I stayed home to babysit heifers. I had three heifers calf with no problems. The fourth heifer I noticed acting funny calved after supper. Between heifers checks I got a good clean on the house and caught up on laundry. A pretty productive day for this Ranch Wife.
4. J shaved his winter beard. He first shaved off his upper lip and left the beard; I told him it would be best to finish the job. It amazes me how different he looks full beard vs. no beard. J usually shaves during calving season as a beard tends to catch “stuff” when pulling or suckling a calf.
5. Monday I got a crown. It was an expensive crown and one that will only be seen my me, the dental hygienist and the dentist. Last fall, while trailing pairs home from summer grass, I broke off part of a molar. It didn’t bother me until two weeks ago when I went in for the first of two crown appointments. The temporary crown fell off after two days and my tooth was very sensitive until I got the permanent crown. I am not a queen, but I do have two crowns!
For more Random 5 Friday fun check out Nancy’s blog.