Barn at Bear Butte

I finally stopped and took a picture of this barn!  I have been wanting to for a while and never took the time.  For some reason, this abandoned farmstead at the base of Bear Butte always catches my eye.  Tomorrow, I am posting pictures and more information about “Bear Mountain”.

I had a pretty typical weekend.  Friday night I cleaned the house.  I spent most of Saturday in the kitchen.  I whipped up some scones for Thursday’s Improv Cooking Challenge and made these bars.  The Hubby requested Biscuits and Chipped Beef Gravy for dinner.  I also worked on preparing a Chicken Pot Pie for Sunday dinner and French Onion Soup for tonight.

Sunday I got in some sorting and organizing.  I am NOT a fan of clutter and feel the need to remove items we have not been using.  The Rancher is NOT a fan of my sorting and organizing.  He says after I do this he can’t find anything!

I am almost caught up on my picture editing.  I am caught up with saving keeper pictures on an external hard drive and deleting unwanted pictures and documents off the computer.  Yes, my neat freak tendencies overflow to keeping my pictures and computer documents organized too.

I am a fan of Jodi Picoult.  She writes books on contemporary controversial topics.  I love her writing style, the way she covers both sides of the issue and her character development.  The Pact has my “free time” occupied.

How was your weekend and what are you reading?  Are you a fan of Jodi Picoult?

Linking Up With:

Barn Charm #107 at Bluff Area Daily

The Country Homemaker Hop #42 at My Simple Country Living

Fall Bucket List Week #4 hosted by Sarah Halstead:The Naptime Momtog  and Lori at Photograph Life

18 Responses to Barn at Bear Butte

1. Teresa says:

Great barn shots. I certainly sounds like you had a busy weekend. I hate to admit it, but I haven’t read anything but blog posts in quite some time. I just can’t seem to dig up enough time to get engrossed in a good book.

2. TexWisGirl says:

a very sweet barn. i like the various shots you showed us. 🙂

3. Jori says:

Beautiful barn! Your dinners sound delish too!

4. Bridget D. says:

Love the barn pictures, Robyn! Very cool. You’ll have to let me know what you think about the ending of The Pact. I was very angry by the end! I’ll give it this much, it sucks you in and gets you emotionally involved – as do all of her books.

First, I am pretty sure there can not be any “surprise witnesses” in a trial. People always write that, but it is not an allowable practice.

After Chris’s testimony, I kind of figured that the book would end the way it did.

The Author definitely makes you think about the subject she is covering on multiple levels.

5. Barb says:

I really like the texture of the wood on the barn.
    Sounds like you had a very busy weekend.

6. Faye says:

Sounds like you had a perfect fall weekend–especially if it was kind of rainy and blustery. Reading? Just finished Ken Follett’s “Winter of the World”. Cooking? Pumpkin cake and vegetable soup. I’m glad there are so many people interested in photographing these ald barns–at least they’ll survive that way.

Faye, Have you looked at the Barn Charm linky? If you enjoy barns I recommend it. There are so many neat barns shared.

No rain over the weekend; we did get a sprinkle last night. Sounds like Wednesday and Thursday are going to blow us away.

Love baking with pumpkin and vegetable soup or stew is a favorite for me. I haven’t made it for a while as the Hubby is not a fan.

7. Beth - VA says:

pretty grouping. love the coloring … (:

8. Lesley says:

The windows in this barn look so tiny!
    I was introduced to Jodi Picoult about a year ago – good thing she has written so many books so it will take a good long time before I get through them all!

9. c says:

I love your barn shots! This old beauty reminds me of my dad’s barn when I was growing up. I was please to see this!

What a great barn! It’s a shame nobody lives there anymore. I am sure looking forward to some cooler weather so I can start cooking pot pies and soup, still in the mid-to-high 80s here. I’m with Teresa on the reading, just can’t make the time.

Sunday I made Chicken Pot pie. I roasted Brussels sprouts, peppers and mushrooms. I like the extra flavor from roasted the veggies. I mixed it with chicken and a can of cream of chicken soup. I lined a pie plate with puff pastry, filled it and topped it with more pastry. Hubby loved it!

Hope you blog your pot pie and soup recipes, Miss Candy. I am starting to get a taste for your gumbo.

11. Kathy says:

I’d love to have a barn like this! For now I will settle for photos. Not much of a fan of Jodi Picoult but more because I like a light mystery where some soccer mom solves the murder outwitting the local authorities. Yeah, I know. Not good literature, but it entertains me! LOL

Everyone needs something different from a book. I seem to get lost in the characters and it takes my mind off of personal stress. After reading a deep book I need something a little more light hearted.

Kathy, if you like looking at barns make sure to check out Barn Charm. There are so many neat barns around the country.

12. Lori says: