Babies and a Birthday

We are calving and have a good start on the First Calf Heifers.  Last weekend I took a few pictures during chores.

We had some flurries on Saturday morning.  It was 57* on Monday.  J and I opened all the windows in the house!  Tuesday was also in the 50’s.  Tuesday night the wind hit and Wednesday was chilly.  Sounds like spring temperatures are going to be back today and through the weekend.

I am pretty much over my cold!  It’s nice to feel somewhat normal again and not be coughing uncontrollably.

Mom sent me this picture she took earlier in the week.  It’s just to sweet not to share with all of you!

I had a good Birthday!  A busy morning at work, than a trip to the Dentist in the afternoon.  Ah, the fun adult stuff, at least I got to grocery shop at a big store.  We had ribs, roasted veggies and onion bread sticks for supper.  (Try the bread stick recipe!)

Thank You to all who sent birthday wishes via cards, Facebook, blog or phone call.  I appreciate your thoughtfulness!

On this Thursday I am thankful for healthy babies, good calving weather and Happy Birthdays!

14 Responses to Babies and a Birthday

1. Tanya says:

oh that smiling lamb is just precious! we are enjoying spring weather here too…supposed to be 70-ish today! then of course it drops down into the 50’s for the weekend, blah!

2. Oh I love your first pic! His curly haired forehead is just too cute 🙂

3. Teresa says:

Love the calves! They are always so cute.

4. LindaG says:

That first calf looks quite annoyed by something.
    But I agree, the smiling lamb is a darling!
    Have a great day! 🙂

5. Jill says:

These are such sweet pictures…every single one of them!

6. That lamb photo is adorable. I’d smile too if I was that cute. 🙂

7. Tricia says:

Excellent smile on that baby’s face! =)

8. Beautiful photos.

Regards and best wishes

I almost didn’t notice little #4 standing in front of mom in the second picture! I’m glad you included the cute little lamb, tell your mom we all enjoyed it! 🙂

10. Oh my gosh, those baby pics in the snow are precious!
    Thanks for linking up to Thankful Thursday!

11. Happy Belated Birthday Prairie Friend! The lamb photo is precious and your new calves are as sweet as can be. Sounds like the weather is going to be WARM in your corner of SD this weekend. Soak up the sun!

Thank You, Katie!
      I hope to catch some pictures of calves soaking up the sun! Or, running and bucking, either one would work for me.
      Airing out the house is also on the list.
      Enjoy your No Plans Weekend!

12. Patti Wilson says:

robyn do you remember rodchester. i miss you girls especially at calving time . dad that lamb is smiling because it is not snowing in the background.

Yes, I remember Rod and Rodchester! Our very first bottle calves.
      We don’t have snow either, but 70* is just a little too warm for a Sunday afternoon in March.