As The Wind Blows

It’s almost August!  County Fairs are in full swing, State Fairs are brewing, family reunions and vacations are in the air and it’s still hot.  Here is what I found on this week’s Scavenger Hunt.

There is little or no paint on this windmill.  There are many shapes that make a windmill work.

Last spring, J planted corn!  With the little bit of rain we got two weeks ago the corn is stilll green.  J’s Grandpa was the last to plant corn on the ranch.  We are going to chop it for silage to feed the calves.  It has been a learning process and J has found out that weed control and rain at the right time are key factors to corn growing success.

Some have short and fine eyelashes.

The clouds have been pretty spectacular lately.

There are storm clouds in life and  there are rays of light and hope.  Lets paint our prairies green, our sky’s blue and use many shapes to express our individuality.  May our minds let go of past hurts like eyelashes in the wind and cherish what matters most.

Linking Up With:

Scavenger Hunt Sunday at Ramblings and Photos

Your Sunday Best #28 at A Rural Journal

Weekly Top Shot #41 at The View From Right Here

The Country Homemaker #31 at My Simple Country Living

Observing Beauty Week #12 ~ Animals hosted by Chickens on the Moon, Bethany Marie Photography and  North Carolina Sue

18 Responses to As The Wind Blows

The corn around here definitely doesn’t look like that. For the second summer, it has burned up in the drought. We don’t raise corn, but some of our neighbors do. However, our milo and forage sorghum have definitely been impacted by the lack of rain. It was nice to see some green corn in your photos! I also enjoyed the cloud photo and I love windmills. Have a good week, Robyn!

Kim, it’s amazing what a little bit of moisture has done for the corn. It is going to need a drink again soon or we will be in trouble. The pictures are from the good end of the field. We have a few spots that almost got choked out because of weeds. We had issues getting it sprayed. With all the spring wind everyone was behind and J ended up borrowing a sprayer and spraying it himself. He says he learned a lot and there will be NO weeds in the corn next year. We are glad for what we have and sick about our ignorant mismanagement and what we could have had. At least we are optimistic about giving it another try next year!

2. Amy says:

I can’t wait for fair season here. It is in late September-October.

3. Rose says:

Great cloud capture! I enjoyed the narration for each of these photos.

Thanks for stopping in, Rose. From the looks of your blog you are a busy lady. I like your thoughts about random creativity.

4. bettyl says:

Great shots and I love the quotes you put with them.

5. Verna Lantz says:

What an awesome “clouds” shot. Very dramatic, I love it!

6. Madge @ TheViewFromRightHere says:

Love these shots, esp. the light rays… SO good that you’ve still got corn coming… so many don’t… Thank you for sharing on WTS#41!

7. That cloud shot is really gorgeous, beautiful capture!!

Deanna, J and I were out for a 4-wheeler ride when I saw this shot. I thought it was so neat that there was a hole in the midst of the darker clouds.

Love the windmill and the clouds! I always like how you weave everything together at the end too! 🙂

Candy. it’s a fun challenge to weave all the prompts together at the end. The windmill shots are my favorite too.

9. Congratulations on your success with the corn. Great shots, Robyn. Thank you for sharing at YSB this week. xo

10. Ashley Sisk says:

Those clouds are gorgeous.

11. I love your cow photos in your header they are awesome…..I don’t know if I have ever shared but my husband the Viking in my life just absolutely adores windmills……..he would love to be able to run our home on “Wind Energy”. Oh and by the way your dog is beautiful 🙂 Have a happy Saturday!

Karen, windmills are neat. We have several water tanks that we are running on solar energy, because we can’t always depend on the wind during the heat of summer.

Fritz is a character. She is pretty care-free right now. Life is one big party, until I tie her up so she can’t chase the chickens. J is starting to train her.

Thanks for the lovely comments!