Another Trip Around the Sun

Thirty one years ago I entered one of the most important relationships of my life. A relationship that has had good times, bad issues, laughter, tears, loving support and tough love. A relationship that I treasure and a person I am grateful for everyday.

Today I am wishing my Sister a Happy Birthday! I wondered what I would write to her or about her and decided to share a few quotes that make me think about our relationship.

Mick began her cattle showing career long before she lead a calf in the ring.

Mick began her cattle showing career long before she lead a calf in the ring.

Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. ~Margaret Mead

Mick with Grandpa on her First Communion day.

Mick with Grandpa on her First Communion day.

For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands. ~Christina Rossetti

April 24

A sister is both your mirror and your opposite. ~Elizabeth Fishel

Christmas Picture, 1992.

Christmas Picture, 1992.

My sister travels with me, and she’s the person who keeps me in line, whether I like it or not. I trust her and also have a good, healthy fear of her. ~Katy Perry

Mick, proud Sister to the High School Grad. Mick made the dress I wore to Senior Prom and made my graduation cake.

As I grew up, one of my strongest allies has been my sister. ~Patti Smith

April 24

Here’s to you dear Sister. Thank You for all that you are and all that you do for me. I Love you!

11 Responses to Another Trip Around the Sun

1. buttons says:

Oh Robyn this is a wonderful tribute to your sister I understand the dynamics I have four sisters. Happy Birthday Mick. Hug B

2. Elizabeth says:

This is lovely!!!!! Sisters are very special!!!! I wouldn’t trade my two for anything!

3. Loretta Beavis says:

I agree…wonderful!
    I wish I’d had that when I grew up.
    Well, it rained in the Mojave desert last night, about twenty minutes…

4. This made me want to hug my sister! Sweet post and happy birthday to her!!

5. Karen says:

This is very sweet, Robyn. Sisters are so special!

6. Roan says:

I always wished I had a sister. Lucky you! This is a wonderful tribute.

7. Bonnie says:

What a great tribute to you sister. I feel the same about mine.

8. Linda R says:

Awww… What a wonderful post.. Happy Birthday to your sister..

Hugs~

9. Sandra says:

Sisters are wonderful!!
    Happy Birthday to yours 🙂
    Very nice tribute!

10. I always wanted a sister! Not that I don’t love my little brother…. he was a blast to play with growing up. When I hit my early twenties, I craved having a sister to to spend time with.

Then, I married my husband and acquired just that! Unfortunately, she lives in Kansas, though. We still stay in touch and look forward to visit!

You are very lucky, which I am sure you know. 🙂

11. Sure enjoyed these pictures & thoughts, Robyn!
    I got to see them on G+.. but appreciate them all the more here now that I had time to read the added text & sentiment.
    (I sprained my ankle yesterday pretty bad.. it’s giving me a little time to put my feet up & catch up on reading. Not the way I’d like to acquire that time, but not much I can do about it now!)
    I have two sisters, 3 and 4.5 years older. Sisterhood is a relationship like no other!