A Variety of Friends

I am posting my Scavenger Hunt finds a little early today.  Don’t forget to fall out of daylight savings time and turn the clocks back tonight.  It’s hard to believe we are heading into winter again.  Where does the time go?

Our barn cats are wild.  They like warm milk, dog food and house scraps.  They are pretty good mousers too, but don’t try to pet them.

This sign hangs on Miss B’s light pole to welcome guests.

Living with a puppy is still an adventure!  With the calves freshly weaned Fritz and Roxie have been sleeping in the entryway.  Molly’s bed got moved to the livingroom.  My entry looks like a disaster area when I get up in the morning.

The morning light has been vibrant this fall.  I love seeing the different shades of pink and orange as the sun’s early light reflect off the clouds.  It’s a great way to start the day.

This cow has classic black baldy markings on her face.

It takes a variety of friends to build a support system.  We need a wild friend or two to help us have exciting life experiences.  We need friends who are welcoming and willing to listen to the not so fun things we face in life.  Most importantly, we need friends that know and understand us.  Those special people who encourage us to keep moving forward, that respect us for who and what we are.  People that need and deserve our friendship in return.  Classic friends stand by us, embrace our unique qualities and include us in their prayers.

Linking Up With:

Scavenger Hunt Sunday at Ramblings and Photos

Weekly Top Shot #55 at The View From Right Here

Your Sunday Best #42 with Nancy at A Rural Journal and co-host Gina from Kleinworth and Co.

17 Responses to A Variety of Friends

1. Carletta says:

You have lovely friends Robyn!
    Such beautiful color in your sunrise and what lovely cloud texture.
    I always enjoy your closing paragraph with your well spoken thoughts!

2. bettyl says:

It’s good that your wild cats are good mousers. I had a cat that just watched the mice play! Your other ‘friend’ shots are really great. Dogs are always so loyal and worth the trouble the cause 🙂

J’s Dad says that we need to feed the cats warm milk so they have energy to go out and mouse. It must be true because J sees the cats mousing whenever he is out and about.

We enjoy our dogs, even when they test our patience. The puppy needs some formal training, but has the potential to be a good cow dog. Roxie is a good cow dog and priceless.

3. Amy says:

Love the puppy, he is a cutie! visiting from a rural journal.

4. Amanda says:

Lovely photos. Pretty kittys, and LOVE your dog shots. They are just beautiful. Gorgeous vibrant sky as well.
    Have a great Sunday!

5. Karen says:

I love the way you tied these all together. The puppy photos as adorable (of course I’m always a sucker for puppy photos)!

6. Karen says:

I love the way you tied these all together. The puppy photos are adorable (of course I’m always a sucker for puppy photos)!

7. Heather says:

What a handsome pup and such dignified cats! I have an Australian Cattle Dog with coloring similar to your pup and the same sweet white streak down the middle of her forehead. Adorable!

8. Lori says:

Love the animals, so cute!

Another good Scavenger Hunt! At least you get to see your barn cats. I get a glimpse of a leg and tail occasionally as one of them heads under the milking shed! 😉

10. Nancy says:

Our wild cats took off as they usually do and never came back. The other outdoor cats are all fixed, so I suppose that’s why they stay.

Love the shot of your pup with this head resting… 🙂

11. Carol says:

Wonderful photography ~ love your dog peeking over the board ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

12. I love your thoughts about friends Robyn and I agree. Your barn kitties are sweet, too bad they’re untouchable… I’m glad we’ve turned the clocks back… Friday it was still dark as I was picking up my middle school students at 7:30… Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #55!

13. Peter B says:

I enjoy your blog (and this post), and getting a little taste of life on a working ranch. That’s a beautiful sunrise you captured!!

14. emily says:

What a beautiful set of friends!

15. Tanya says:

love your sweet farm friends!